Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need Advice on Aerobars
Quote | Reply
I have Profile Design Carbon Stryke bars now. I've noticed that many atheletes are using more of a flat/straight forearm and hand position...something that the Profile Design Carbon X 1.5 would provide. I realize that some of this is personal preference but it seems to me that to get the full benefit of the TT position that a rider would be better off with a flatter/straighter aerobar setup.

Bars I Have: http://www.profile-design.com/...s/carbon_stryke.html

Bars I Think I Want: http://www.profile-design.com/...ars/carbon_x_15.html
Quote Reply
Re: Need Advice on Aerobars [jackbauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's all preference, or what your going for. If your real serious and want optimal aero positioning go for the straighter bars (forget what they are called). If you want a more relaxed position stick with the carbon Stryke bars. My friend has the Carbon X15's and he likes them now, but originally they were hard to get used to and rough on the wrists. I'm no expert but thats my advise. Sorta, better aero positioning verse comfort.

9mileRunrs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know nothing about the science of it all, but I recently dropped my Carbon Strykes for some T2 Plus s-bends and am very happy with the change. I found that with the Carbon Strykes, I was gripping the bars at the upward bend a lot. The T2's let me rest my hands on top and grip the actual tape when I want/need to. I just feel more natural gripping the flatter bars than those "ski pole" types like the Carbon Strykes.

My "n=1" experience is that I'm faster with the flatter bars. Even if I'm not, I feel faster and have a better grip, so I'm happy with it. I say give it a try.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i went from carbon stryke to the cobra x s-bends and WAY prefer the s-bends. however, I would be cautious about the carbon x1.5 unless you're absolutely certain about stem length. you might want to consider the cobra wing base bar with the cobra x s-bends instead so you have the flexibility of changing up the stem length. (funnily enough i ordered the cobra wing yesterday after posting soemthing similar a few days ago...most people seemed to recommend the vision tech base bar/hed clip-lite combo but i didn't need to change up the cobra x s-bends so opted for the carbon cobra wing instead)

-----------------------------------------------
www.true-motion.com Triathlete Casual Wear since 2007
(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I spent about a year on the Carbon T2 + Cobra S-bends. I could never get comfortable. Maybe it's because I am a bigger guy with broad shoulders, I don't know? I found that to get comfortable while using them I would have to set my hands on top of them like a fist. I will admit I initially bought them on recomendations of others and they looked good on my bike. I just switched to the Carbon strykes and it is like a night and day difference for me. I think the best thing to do would be to see if there was a way you could try some s-bends fist before you drop the money on the carbon x.
Quote Reply
Re: Need Advice on Aerobars [t2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the Carbon X 1.5 is a 100m stem length...so let me make sure I get this right...if I buy this setup it will put me in the position that a 100m stem would...right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't know how profile measure stem length versus a regular stem length - I would visit a shop and take a tape measure and compare to your own set up to be certain..

-----------------------------------------------
www.true-motion.com Triathlete Casual Wear since 2007
(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply