Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nashbar - free shipping now with $99 purchase
Quote | Reply
Can't remember if they have raised it passed the $49 before and taken it back down or if this is a new thing.

Personally, the $49 floor was a good incentive to build my basket with extra items. Now, I am likely to just purchase the items I need (and this may even neutralize the price with Amazon). This seems like a bad move. I wonder if they have having money issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Nashbar - free shipping now with $99 purchase [Jonathan22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonathan22 wrote:
Can't remember if they have raised it passed the $49 before and taken it back down or if this is a new thing.

Personally, the $49 floor was a good incentive to build my basket with extra items. Now, I am likely to just purchase the items I need (and this may even neutralize the price with Amazon). This seems like a bad move. I wonder if they have having money issues.

I read somewhere that Amazon lost $7 billion or something on shipping last year. Obviously they are making it up else where like with cloud services, more sales etc. They have a really interesting thing going on over there. I think every brick and mortar business is in serious trouble. The writing was on the wall with some retailers that although online sales were up, their physical stores were down so they were cannibalizing most likely. Raising to $99 is not a good move IMO.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Nashbar - free shipping now with $99 purchase [Jonathan22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I got back into road biking about 3 years ago, I got what I thought was a really great deal on a bike on Nashbar. Bought some other ancillary cycling stuff from them in the couple years that followed, and helped a friend buy his first road bike from them as well. The last few times I've shopped there, however, I've come away thinking they really don't have any bargains anymore. Seems their regular prices have gone up and the 20% off sales, which use to be regular occurrences, don't come around very often anymore.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Mar 13, 17 20:59
Quote Reply