Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NYC Running Routes
Quote | Reply
Hello all. I'll be in New York City for a few weeks near NYU. I was looking for tips on good running routes in the area. Something other than just running up and down streets. 5k and longer. Maybe there is a website I could use as a resource?......Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Running Routes [cotton2steel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you are near NYU you have access to quite a few subways that can zip you right up to central park, which is where most of manhattan's runners log their miles.

there is also a bike / recreation path that runs up along the east river, from there you can get onto the williamsburg and brooklyn bridges which have some great views of the city.

hope that helps a little. i live in brooklyn so i do most of my running in prospect park, which is certainly worth checking out if you have the time.

hopefully some manhattanites

-michael perlberg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Cotton2Steel,
Here's a map of some routes in Central Park. http://www.nyrrc.org/...ing/cpdistances.html
You said you are staying by NYU,so I'm guessing your somewhere in the Village area.
If you head West all the way to the water ,you will hit,the Westside runners path.
Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the path along the West Side Hwy. It runs along the Hudson River, from the Statue all the up to the GW Bridge. There is enough "distraction" to make the run more entertaining, too. I think its 8 miles each way. Hang on the path until its diverts

I agree about the Park, too. While the loop (approx 6 miles) is hilly and does the job, I prefer to cross through the park to add up the miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can use the bike map for your reference:
http://www.nyc.gov/...df/bike/mapfront.pdf
Green routes on East and West site usually have lanes for runners. If you take West side then you can even run over the George Washington bridge. I usually run from Brooklyn to Manhattan over the Brooklyn bridge early mornings and evenings. Downtown view is really great!
Quote Reply