Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NJ Devilman 1/2 Iron - This weekend [cervelorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This race was timed by Lin Mark. They have this event on their web page, but no results. Tim
Wrong. Lin-Mark handled registration only. Had they done timing, the results would be available. Lin-Mark no longer handles timing for Piranha Sports.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Devilman 1/2 Iron - This weekend [cervelorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The race was not timed by Lin-Mark. Usually you can tell as their camper is on site, and Lynn or Mark is usually at the starting line. Read the RD's site carefully; he is doing the timing now. Ken has it right; Lin-Mark (and most other timing co's in NJ) without fail has the results up the same day.

I wonder how many he gets next year due to the contined problems on the swim

Slower than U
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Devilman 1/2 Iron - This weekend [slower than U] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not to mention the somewhat farcical awards announcements, that had to be backtracked because they'd given the wrong people podium awards in at least 2 AG's
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Devilman 1/2 Iron - This weekend [ChrisG in PA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sit (at my computer) corrected. Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i won't be back, because of the swim.

which is too bad - it's not like it's a bad event overall. the bike and run were very well put together. great aid stations, flat course, seemed like nice people, not a lot of races that long around here in the early part of the season. and while i'm impatient about the results, in the end, that's not that big of a deal. (but of course this happens on the race i decide to do watchless!)

that swim's a deal-breaker, though. too nasty. i can't imagine doing it with stumps, too.
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Devilman 1/2 Iron - This weekend [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What number were you? I was 553 and I was near someone who went watchless was that you? I was the tall not thin enough guy on the dual with 404s.
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Devilman 1/2 Iron - This weekend [Flat Tire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]What number were you? I was 553 and I was near someone who went watchless was that you? I was the tall not thin enough guy on the dual with 404s.[/reply]

i don't remember my number.

oh, wait, there it is, still on my arm!
558. yep, just 5 bikes down. black soloist blue tires yellow shirt.

i know this is very un-slowtwitch, but i actually don't remember most of the bikes that were racked near mine.
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Devilman 1/2 Iron - This weekend [iainbanks1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
results are up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Results are up. Is our T1 time included in the bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After reading everyone's posts, I am glad I sat this one out. It is pretty clear the RD doesn't have is shit together. Any suggestions for early-season half IMs in the NJ/Philly area for next year? I know the Kinetic half (third week in April) has a good reputation but I would prefer something in mid-May.
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Devilman 1/2 Iron - This weekend [RandyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Devilman 1/2 Iron - This weekend [RandyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there's a HIM the first weekend of june this year, not sure if that's early enough for you. i'd guess it'll happen next year too. forget the name, (something with a 'bear' i think) - CGI racing puts it on. looks good, actually.
-charles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Black Bear Tri near Jim Thorpe on June 3rd. A friend of mine rode the course last weekend and said it is VERY HILLY!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the Black Bear tri, in PA I believe. It looks pretty great. Hilly. After too many years of stormy tris in May, I think it's best to wait till June to do a Half in the NE.

http://trigalwins.blogspot.com

...the only thing.
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Devilman 1/2 Iron - This weekend [trigalwins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next