Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My spin on HED3s after 3 months...
Quote | Reply
I've been training on my 650c HED3s since the middle of May. They are on my Softride Rocketwing. I don't race - just fitness riding, about 80-100 miles a week. Most of my training rides here in San Diego have some climbing but not a lot. I'm 207 lbs 5'10" - not a lightweight. Here's my take so far...

In a nutshell, I love riding on these wheels!!! Talk about fast! Combine them with a bike like the Rocketwing and you can just cruise all day long. I took my old Trek 2200 w/700c Campy Shamals out the other day on a 50-mile ride and it seemed so slow compared to my Rocketwing w/HED3s.

I had some concerns about climbing with these wheels and I have felt they climb just fine. Of course, that might be because they are the 650c size and thus have less weight than 700c. They certainly climb better than my Trek w/Shamals.

As far as the handling in winds, I haven't had any problems. I have had a few times when strong side gusts hit them and I did have to adjust my steering a little. It might be that my heavier weight and/or my bike size/type mute any handling issues.

The wheels are stiff but since I have a beam bike it's less of an issue although I found it necessary to put a good carbon fork on it - the Easton EC90 Aero Fork.

And last but not least - the cool factor is up there! They simply look great!

Jim
Quote Reply