Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My new toy.....
Quote | Reply
I just finished installing an Infinite pool:

http://img489.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img22531bg.jpg

This is my first attempt at posting a pic, so hopefully it works!

Anyway, either way(with or without the pic), the pool is a blast. It is really nice to walk downstairs and get a nice swim.

HC

---------------------------------------------------
Holden Cain, ObGyn..."People pulling people out of people"
Quote Reply
Re: My new toy..... [holdencain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drat, now why didn't the actual pic become visible?? I used imageshack and choice the "show image to friends" option.
Help....
HC

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
O.K...I'm insanely jealous of this........

It's tempered a bit by your inability to post a pic......but not completely.

I may hate you.....

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool...I definitely want one of those. How long did it take you to install it? Looked like you did a pretty nice job.

Quote | Reply
That is so sweet...you bastard.

Jacob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"young, poor doc..."

Hmmmmmm......

Dan DeMaio
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. How about some construction pics?

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm buying a new B&B in Sedona, AZ that has a really nice pool. I'll be adding a portable endless pool.

Paul
Last edited by: zipp: Nov 12, 05 7:08
Quote Reply
Re: My new toy..... [tryemdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it is safe to say I am extremely jealous and definitely hate you! Awesome pool, I might even swim if I had one of those...no, nevermind you still have to get wet!
Quote Reply
Re: My new toy..... [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Very cool...I definitely want one of those. How long did it take you to install it? Looked like you did a pretty nice job.[/reply]

Thanks. Yeah, I am sooo stoked.
Obviously, the pool is the smallest investment..both in time and cash. The project happened over 6months...the pool install came at the end, and only took a week initially, w/ a little more tweaking after that.

The pool is installed in my renovated attached 2-car garage. I removed the twin garage doors and framed in windows and a door. I sheet rocked the walls w/ green board...installed an acoustic ceiling w/ mildew resistant tiles..installed ventilation fans on a humidistat. The floor remained the concrete garage floor. I put in a couple baseboard heaters.
But I still needed a garage, so I built a detached 2-car garage connected to the old garage by a short breezeway. Quite a project, but so worth it to me.
Cheers,
HC

Quote Reply
Re: My new toy..... [tryemdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]"young, poor doc..."

Hmmmmmm......[/reply]

Maybe not soooo young (38). Obviously *not* "poor", but not rich. After 3 college degrees and $200K of med school loans, new practice, mortgage, kids, wife.....you get the picture. I work really hard. I miss a lot of important things for my chosen profession. I am sure that many of our ST'rs that are MD's,JD's, engineers, executives, or hard working folks of any profession understand the quandry.

The impetus to get the pool was the lack of swimming options in my small town. I rarely get a reliable lunch time, so lunch time workouts are out. And Masters swim goes thrice weekly from 6:30pm-8pm. That time period is my only semi-reliable time w/ my little girls...I read to them, bath them, put them to bed, etc. I won't give that up for a workout, so I found I was going weeks...months! w/o swimming. And thus I have he pool.

Cheers,
HC

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck with it really!! I was just being a *ick. Envy's a nasty thing, isn't it?

I'm feeling excessively grouchy this morning, especially when it comes to finances. My own fault I know. I perhaps shouldn't have spent most of high school doodling Van Halen and AC/DC insignia's during those rare occasions when I actually decided to go to class....

Dan DeMaio
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool, my friend!!! =)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One thing I have always wondered about that pool - when you are swimming into the current, is it tricky to breath? Seem like it would push water into your face. Do you have to raise your head in more of an open water technique or is like a typical pool swim?

Re: My new toy..... [miami79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now are you just saying that, or did the picture work for you?
Quote Reply
Re: My new toy..... [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]One thing I have always wondered about that pool - when you are swimming into the current, is it tricky to breath? Seem like it would push water into your face. Do you have to raise your head in more of an open water technique or is like a typical pool swim?[/reply]

Tim,
The curent is pretty smooth, so my breathing is not affected. You can crank the current up to the point it gets a little choppy...to a speed I can't keep up with for long, but it really is much like swimming open water. I enjoy long distance swimming, so getting in here and swimming for an hour on pace is f-u-n. Being able to do it 24/7 is the bomb.
HC

Quote Reply
Re: My new toy..... [Tri N OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't see it, but who doesn't think that it's cool to have a pool in your house??
Quote Reply
Re: My new toy..... [miami79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Can't see it, but who doesn't think that it's cool to have a pool in your house??[/reply]

Here is another try(but using a Mac so probably won't work)

http://tinypic.com/fm6po3.jpg[url]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doc, I think it's great. I live So. Cal. 1/4 mile from the beach 3 miles from my swim club, great weather, I work 3 days a week(nurse), no kids ,my wife gets the TRI thing. I guess what I am getting to is for you and all the other dedicated triathlete's with busy schedules great job! It was smart to put in the pool(did not see the pic) I have a weight room in my house it's great. I know I have it good I just wish I took up TRI's before I was 52.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply