Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
My mom said I look too thin she doesnt like it! I must be getting close to race weight!
Quote | Reply
M47 years old 6' 4" and 210 lbs. Far from too thin I know my BMI is still 25.6 OVERWEIGHT! Mom cracks me up! I do have some muscle that I've spent the last 30 years trying to ADD and know I'm trying to lose it. Crazy. I told her sorry but I'm going to keep losing weight....
Quote Reply
Re: My mom said I look too thin she doesnt like it! I must be getting close to race weight! [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love it when friends comment on how skinny I look! I'm 6' and under 160 right now :)
Quote Reply
Re: My mom said I look too thin she doesnt like it! I must be getting close to race weight! [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: My mom said I look too thin she doesnt like it! I must be getting close to race weight! [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somehow in today's culture it's actually more frowned upon to be fit and skinny than it is to be overweight.

6' and 138lbs checking in here.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Last edited by: Creatre: Aug 11, 14 12:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6'5". 160

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear you. 5'11" and currently 148 lbs. My wife says that people are telling her I look sick so I must be getting close to race weight!
Quote Reply
Re: My mom said I look too thin she doesnt like it! I must be getting close to race weight! [sdbanker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sdbanker wrote:
I hear you. 5'11" and currently 148 lbs. My wife says that people are telling her I look sick so I must be getting close to race weight!

The goal is to asymptotically converge towards aerobic nothingness. When you turn sideways and disappear, you're there.
Quote Reply
Re: My mom said I look too thin she doesnt like it! I must be getting close to race weight! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
sdbanker wrote:

The goal is to asymptotically converge towards aerobic nothingness. When you turn sideways and disappear, you're there.

I have been told I am way past there.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1xatbandcamp wrote:
M47 years old 6' 4" and 210 lbs. Far from too thin I know my BMI is still 25.6 OVERWEIGHT! Mom cracks me up! I do have some muscle that I've spent the last 30 years trying to ADD and know I'm trying to lose it. Crazy. I told her sorry but I'm going to keep losing weight....

Visited the grandparents back in April, while training for IMTX.

Grandma kept giving me seconds, which was strange, until she explained that I was too thin...at 5'10" and 145lbs. I promised her I'd gain some weight back after the race. Promise fulfilled. Up to 150 now.
Quote Reply
Re: My mom said I look too thin she doesnt like it! I must be getting close to race weight! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, then I shouldn't have had the bread with my Subway today. That will be an extra 10 minute penalty interval on the trainer tonight!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From my Memorial Day to July 14 (7 weeks), I dropped from 163 to 148. Nobody other than my wife noticed . . . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite is the, "Oh, you're so thin. It must be so nice to be able to eat whatever you want."

Uh, no, that's not the way it works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm so thin I disappear from the front now !
Quote Reply
Re: My mom said I look too thin she doesnt like it! I must be getting close to race weight! [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
My favorite is the, "Oh, you're so thin. It must be so nice to be able to eat whatever you want."

This. I get that about once a month usually in a restaurant or grocery parking lots. And also "you are so lucky". No. Lap swim before work, and then either a 2 hour bike or 1 hour run later in the day has nothing to do with luck. And that's just weekdays.
Quote Reply
Re: My mom said I look too thin she doesnt like it! I must be getting close to race weight! [Creatre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fit and thin people are one of the few groups of people left that it's ok to make fun of and not
be called out on it.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1xatbandcamp wrote:

Aren't you a little old to be worried about what mommy thinks :) ??

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Down 40lbs+ since getting into triathlon - 6'1" - 170. I've started getting the questions about whether its obsession and if I'm unhealthy. No, I finally got my weight and dietary habits under control. I keep trying to explain that there is a difference between being skinny and being fit. Anyway, in truth there are far worse problems to have than insecure co-workers questioning your weight loss while they continually make those "you're so lucky..." remarks.
Quote Reply
Re: My mom said I look too thin she doesnt like it! I must be getting close to race weight! [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get the 'ol "you have such a high metabulism [sic]" or "wait til you're 30" all the damn time.

Bitch, if I can eat 3500 calories per day it's because I burn 3500 calories per day.

Silly casuals :)

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't get the obsession to be skinny. Skinny don't not always equal fast. I'm 6' 168-170. Sure I could lose a few pounds but not going to starve myself to do it. I will just work on my conditioning to get faster. Has worked for me so far.
Quote Reply
Re: My mom said I look too thin she doesnt like it! I must be getting close to race weight! [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:

That is so TRUE! I burned over 12,000 KJ's on my bike last week and watched and counted every calorie I ate lest I gain weight.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1xatbandcamp wrote:

Ha, I'm still carrying a bit of an aero belly with the same stats. No way near too thin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn expensive sport......no not the entry fees or bikes or fancy wheels...it's all the new clothes I had to buy. Just got done replacing my work wardrobe for the third time in 4 years. Best money I ever spent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
sdbanker wrote:

FTW!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1xatbandcamp wrote:

Yep, 6'1 and at my race weight of 170 (just started a 2 week taper..so lets call that actual race weight closer to 172...hold on..finishing off this guacamole...OK..173lbs). At a work training earlier today and saw a co-worker that I have not seen in 2 months. First question "hey..what are you doing..you're way skinnier than last time I saw you". I'm roughly 10lbs lighter than 2 months ago. He was looking at me like I was from another planet and wanted to know my secret..was it Ironman training?!?! Nope..pretty simple - just dont eat a bunch (or any if you can help it) of bullshit..oh and training helps.

Reminds me of last year in my lead up to 1st IM. Dropped 40lbs or so after cleaning up my diet and training for 7 months. I had SO many people tell me I was "too skinny". Always thought that was weird, had a few moments where I thought "damn..maybe I AM too skinny". Past that now as I realize the graphic shared above pretty much nails it.

No one** said shit when I was 40lbs heavier, pounding beers, and eating terribly while not exercising but evidently being "skinny" (remember I said 170lbs and 6'1..not exactly 0.0 body fat) or "fit" raises a few red flags.

Hats off to ya, keep fighting the good fight.

Quick edit: **my wife certainly said shit about this condition :)
Last edited by: Skipjack: Aug 11, 14 18:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Dev, wouldn't it be more aero to appear as nothing from the front but be visible from the side? Or does that depend on angles of yaw? Where is jack mott when we need him?!
Quote Reply

Prev Next