Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My Turn to show off...
Quote | Reply
my new training partner (see, not OT!!!)...

Introducing, Riley

His first day with us...

With his big brother, Kodiak...

Still too young for trail running, but already shows great potential. Real easy (and slow) jogs up and down the local soccer field and along the beach. He's half Australian Shephard, half Lab. From what I have read from others here on ST, he'll have to wait until he's about a year before any long runs. For only three months old, he's very bright and affectionate. But, SHARP teeth!

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: My Turn to show off... [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You bought a dingo?

Just kidding - he's a good lookin' pup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the mother looks like the cold, rigid type.

Quote | Reply
Cutie!

Arrgh.. All these dog threads are going to make me cave soon. Maybe I'll get a puppy in my stocking for Christmas.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: My Turn to show off... [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you kidding, that's how he changes the channel to the Animal Planet :)

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool puppy...looks like he'll be a better running partner than big brother.

Oh, and your sofa's too high.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aussie cross dogs are the real deal...got a shep cross myself. Wait until yours is a year..kiss any thoughts of slow runs goodbye. Teach him to play frisbee though..good arm workout...they never quit.
Quote Reply
Re: My Turn to show off... [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beautiful puppy man - congrats
Quote Reply
Re: My Turn to show off... [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On no, The dingo ate the baby. Those Aussies make some of the best trail dogs ever. What a cutie.
Quote Reply
Re: My Turn to show off... [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
since, in my infinite lack of technology, I am unable to post pics directly..here is a link to my puppy (who is now almost 7) as well as the rest of my family
http://www3.sympatico.ca/kentnjodi/
gonna give this a go and see if it works
Last edited by: Kentiger: Dec 2, 05 11:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice family! My only question... Is Mary the rider of the ridee???

Chris

Chris
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol...good question...the one under saddle is Mary (show name is On the Contrary..quite appropriate if you knew her)..Jodi, my wife, is the one riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your dog is too cute!! Puppies are so much fun!! And so much work good luck and enjoy!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gorgeous dog. Congrats. Nothing more fun than a puppy. Here is a link that I found useful after my pup ate (or hid - some have vanished with no trace) at least 4 remote controls. http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/features/harmony/US/EN,CRID=2078

Best of luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Real cutie.

Can't resist this fun fact-Australian Shepherds-neither Australian nor shepherds. Actually developed in the US by Basque sheepherders who had previously lived in Australia. Why not shepherds? They are technically drovers-drive cattle vs herd sheep.

In my list of useless facts.

Pat
Quote Reply
Re: My Turn to show off... [Trillini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
australian cattle dog is the name I have heard used
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Australian Cattle dog is a different breed-they look more like dingo's. The shepherd looks more like a small collie but has no tail.

Pat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my bad...my dog is an Aussie cattle dog (blue heeler in fact) and a north american shepherd cross...the original poster is to whom you were referring...back to my rock
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problemo, in fact the pup looks more like a cattle dog, right now anyway, than a shepherd. I've had up to 5 Jack Russell's at a time and wouldn't be brave enough for a cattle dog. I hear they are awesome, stubborn and strong. They are the only breed that really worry me when I get chased on the bike. I usually figure I can go faster than a bully breed but all bets are off with those rascals.

Pat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
speed is one thing...it's the ability of them to keep going at that speed that freaks me out. My dog will wear my frisbee (glad she can't hear me typing that word) arm long before she wears out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow, that is one sweet little face....

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cute puppy. What kind of dog is it. Good thing it's a Tri puppy or you would get OTed!
Sorry did not see were you said type of dog. Still cute.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Dec 2, 05 21:07
Quote Reply