Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My Roark Experiance
Quote | Reply
Just have to say I LOVE my Roark bike. Got it around the first of September and have had a blast with it. I had to go custom cause I'm 6'6" and approx. 280lbs. Even when I'm "in shape" I'll be 250lbs. I went through the same process as TJ Murphy did withTiathlete Magazine. Fit with Verne LaMere at Carmel Cycling, north of Inianapolis. Then I took the tour of the Roark facility. I had met the program mgr, Kevin Smeltzer in Memphis at the expo and liked what I saw. As luck would have it, or bad luck depending on your perspective, I actually broke the chain side chainstay on my old bike in July this year. So a week or so later, off to Indy I go. The guys at Roark truly built a bike for ME. Every tube on the bike was selected for a reason. I had been doing Oly distance races years ago. Then family, job, came along and weight gain with it. I got started back doing sprints a couple of years ago. Recently with the old bike, my long ride was around 25-28 miles. Just couldn't tolerate much more. On the fourth or fifth ride on the new Roark, I went 38. May have been able to do that ride sooner but it was the first day I had the time to go the distance.

If you need custom or just want it, Verne and the guys at Roark do a Fantastic job!
Quote Reply
Re: My Roark Experiance [Big'un] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the shameless plug you owe us a picture!

Re: My Roark Experiance [de-tri-mental] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooops! I should have realized y'all would want a pic. I'm not to computer savy but I'll see if I can do something in a day or two.
Last edited by: Big'un: Oct 24, 06 9:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're beautiful bikes. :) I'm pretty sure Kevin reads ST. He did the GFT this weekend and it appears he came away with some AG hardware. Kevin, if you read this, I enjoyed meeting you and seeing your bike (the titanium S&S couplers are pretty cool). We all had dinner at Outback Friday night and Kevin's pasta must've worked better than my steak!

Kendall Frederick

Orange Park, FL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vern is the best! And Kevin just got third in his age group at GFT for his first iron distance!

Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: My Roark Experiance [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I am moving a little slow on getting up to speed. Thanks guys for the race result notice, as it was my first IM distance race and I am happy to say "I am hooked". It was nice to travel to the Orlando area and not have to hassle with the airlines with a bike 'Ol bike case and I enjoyed meeting and racing with everyone at Trihomestay. Already making plans for next yrs GFT!

I really enjoyed meeting and working with Todd from Memphis on the design and component selection for his bike. His response is the mainstay of the type, quality, and attention to detail our customers receive and we are driven to deliver to them. When we say custom, we mean it.

Now, I need to get back to training!!

Kevin S.

www.roarkcycle.com
Quote Reply