Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My New Road Ride
Quote | Reply
My new ride after her maiden voyage. Tarmac Pro SL4 carbon frameset, Mavic Ksyrium SLR wheelset, SRAM Red 10 drive train, Fizik Arione K1 saddle with gold carbon weave, and a bunch of gold tidbits throughout the bike. Weighs 14.2lbs with these wheels.

Quote Reply
Re: My New Road Ride [justtrime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that is one slick looking bike.

I like the look of the aerofly bars on the tarmac and the all black theme is sweet.

Are those the standard Sram Red chainrings on the crank or did you replace them to keep the all black theme?
Quote Reply
Re: My New Road Ride [dale3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! Yes, I replaced the chainrings. They are still SRAM chainrings, but not the exogram version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great choice!!! Looks amazing... My S-works Tarmac daily reminds me that I'd be hard pressed to find a better all around bike!

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: My New Road Ride [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks bad-ass.....
Last edited by: Jimster: Nov 9, 15 3:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drop dead gorgeous!!! If that doesn't make you want to ride, nothing will.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Purty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should tidy up the yard. Someone might trip on that hose.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the first time I've ever done a double take on a Tarmac. Great looking bike and great attention to detail!

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks all. I'm really enjoying the bike. It is so light and nimble under me. Just glides through turns. I'm loving it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: My New Road Ride [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What the hell is wrong with everyone? There was a time on ST when we would have ripped this guy apart: chain in the SMALL ring? Hose in the foreground? No one has even said his seat is too high. Well it is!

Man, this place used to have standards.
Quote Reply
Re: My New Road Ride [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple faux pas. But the seat and for is perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Guardian wrote:
What the hell is wrong with everyone? There was a time on ST when we would have ripped this guy apart

...meanwhile posting the least aero bike ever produced on a forum where people work to save 2 Watts. Maybe skinny is the new aero in wheels?

All levity aside, I've always held thoughtfully put-together bikes in high regard because I could never justify to do the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Guardian wrote:
What the hell is wrong with everyone? There was a time on ST when we would have ripped this guy apart: chain in the SMALL ring? Hose in the foreground? No one has even said his seat is too high. Well it is!

Man, this place used to have standards.

I was too busy freaking about about the misalignment of the valve stems! Dude, put them both at 6 o'clock for future photo shoots!

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Re: My New Road Ride [Shinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do have an aero handlebar. I get credit for that don't I? For what it's worth, I'm coming off of one of the more aero road bikes out there and my times are better. Uh oh, just opened another can of worms on ST aero v weight, which one is better?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justtrime wrote:
Uh oh, just opened another can of worms on ST aero v weight, which one is better?

You can have both!
Last edited by: BMANX: Nov 28, 15 19:21
Quote Reply
Re: My New Road Ride [hillier99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would drive my crazy ny having the tire and wheel logos not aligned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good ride but you need the SWORKS and some zipps :)
Quote Reply
Re: My New Road Ride [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I welcome any contributions
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justtrime wrote:
I do have an aero handlebar. I get credit for that don't I? For what it's worth, I'm coming off of one of the more aero road bikes out there and my times are better. Uh oh, just opened another can of worms on ST aero v weight, which one is better?

I don't think there IS a debate on weight vs. aero. Nice bike!

justtrime wrote:
I welcome any contributions

Whats your PayPal address? I will be the first. -no joke. Then 499 others can contribute. Then it's my turn.
Quote Reply