Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My Full Ironman Canada Race Report...
Quote | Reply
and Podcast! I think I'm probably one of the first people to actually record a podcast while DOING an Ironman Race !

My report can be found in my blog here (it's super long so thought I'd just provide the link): http://blog.myspace.com/gymskinz
* the second blog entry on Sept.5th

My Ironman Podcast can be downloaded here :
http://feeds.feedburner.com/YouDontHaveToWinYouJustHaveToTri

Special thanx to "Hurricane" Bob Mina for inspiring me to write my race report in hopes of having something remotely as inspirational as his Ironman Canada tribute he wrote back in 2004.

Would love to hear your comments and feedback!

I've also released a few new hillarious triathlon designs in my gymskinz catalog, check em out at www.gymskinz.com

Here's a pic of my LA Tri club gal-pals in my gymskinz gear - and yes, they are triathletes, not supermodels! ;)

cheers!

http://www.gymskinz.com
Last edited by: Tav: Sep 7, 06 22:57
Quote Reply
Re: My Full Ironman Canada Race Report... [Tav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the RR. Loved it. Congrats Ironman!
ALoha,
Matt
Quote Reply
Re: My Full Ironman Canada Race Report... [furndog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much Matt! Hope to qualify for that "little race" in your neck of the woods eventually ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think I'm probably one of the first people to actually record a podcast while DOING an Ironman Race !
Maybe because doing so is a rule violation, not to mention a safety hazard to you and other competitors?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nicely done. A unique idea in the Podcast... very cool. Great RR.
We may have jockied for a bit on the bike (I remember that CSC jersey! - I was one of the hundreds of Cops For Cancer guys out there) I did see your ass fly ast me in the last few miles of the run - and damn sir, if you weren't looking just dandy! My own death-march was done about 25 mins behind yours - good on ya!

Congrats Ironman. See ya next year???

-Todd

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fortius quo Fortitudine, et nun cedere
(Strength through Endurance, and never to yield)
Quote Reply
Re: My Full Ironman Canada Race Report... [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Maybe because doing so is a rule violation, not to mention a safety hazard to you and other competitors?"

Actually, Ken, TWO-WAY communication devices like cell phones (tell that to the numerous people I saw on the run course talking on the phone) and anything "in the ear" such as iPods, or music players are indeed illegal.

My voice-recorder was mounted beside my bike computer on my aero-bars, hands-free operation. Running with an mp3 recorder is no more dangerous than running with a water bottle.

Trust me, I wouldn't jeopardize my race, my safety or the safety of others, but thanks for the note and your concern.

Quote Reply
Re: My Full Ironman Canada Race Report... [IronTodd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Irontodd and Trekman - Look forward to mutual success for IM Canada 2007!

keep in touch!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Killer report, Tav. Great positive energy, and way to push yourself thought the stomach issues...sounds like you developed a terrific support network on the run, too. Brought back a lot of memories from my IMC last year...I think the wheels fell off on the run right about where yours did.

Love your shirts too...the Clydesdale ones are terrific, I may just have to get one to cover the "front porch".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your podcast was a great idea - bringing it all back! I remember the guys in the afro wigs - what GREAT spectator support, up there with the volunteers! Our bikes and runs were comparable in time alone: otherwise you seem to have suffered horribly with stomach issues - a common theme in these race reports - all iron except for the gut! I too wanted to get home before dark. Forever and a day! Well done, Irondude! j

"I'm going to stick to my sardines" - Cassidy
"Others took their lemons and stood up and walked." - Kestrelkerri
"I will never know quite why I set out on the run. I guess because it was next." - Nachocheese
"No, just to people on the Forum. My athletes are the control group." - Paulo Sousa
" Actually, I am naturally an Asshole....not unlike the way you are naturally an idiot." IRONLOBO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great report and way to stick it out! Amazing how IM can make the best made plans go out the window.

I felt your pain on the run... and you got me all choked up in the part about your dad coming up to you on the last part of the run!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great race report and congratulations on sticking with it when it looked like things were done. Always remember that your finishing medal looks the same as Jasper's.

Great shirts too by the way. I think I saw you "I see crazy people" crew out on the course.

What an amazing race eh? I'll also be back for 2007 and I just can't wait.

K

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Re: My Full Ironman Canada Race Report... [john b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanx John, QRgirl and YVR K!!! I'm glad you enjoyed the report - that's AWESOME you remember my buddies with the afros!! There was 4 of us doing the race for the first time and all of our "IronFan" crew (the rest of the folks in Red IronFan "Slow it's the New Fast" t-shirts) were absolutely awesome in supporting us.

Congratulations to you ALL as well! Looking forward to keeping in touch and sharing in the misery...err... I mean wonderful journey ahead leading to the 2007 season and the big gong-show that will be IM Canada's 25th anniversary! Dang, even more people (including yourselves) that are going to swim over me and blow by me on the run... sheeez. lol!

Thanks again to everyone else who has tuned into the podcast and sent me such awesome emails and msgs - it's amazing hearing from you all and I can't explain how great it makes me feel knowing the report or podcast may have inspired or made you laugh about this crazy thing we do called triathlon ;)

cheers and have a great weekend!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man o man, I have got to get to LA more often. Great report and lovely women
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in love. Three times. Race report? What race report?

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great report, amigo. I remember seeing you early on the bike, near Skaha. I commented on your race number being a good one.

Wish I could have been out there deathmarching with you, but fate had other plans for this dumbass... Good onya for hanging tough on a brutal day.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: My Full Ironman Canada Race Report... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanx guys! I'll pass on your regards to my friends ;)

Khai!! I remember you saying hey! - what happened?!?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I promise I am going to read your report, just as soon as I get done staring at the 3 hotties on my screen.
Quote Reply