Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My Dad Rocks!!!!!
Quote | Reply
In 1958, the first ever Alinston to Watford road race was held in southwestern Ontario. My Father ran that race and placed 2nd that year. He ran the 2nd and 3rd years that the event was held and won it in his third try. He went back and ran the 25th when I was in high school and has done a few more since including the 40th running. Yesterday he ran the 50th running of the same race (which was originally a 10 miler and is now officially a 16k) and came in in 82 minutes (he is 66 years old and it was his first race since he turned 60). I can't think of too many races where the original runners came back for the 50th running but they had 2 of the original guys run yesterday and another 2 in attendance to cheer them on. Pretty cool.
Quote Reply
Re: My Dad Rocks!!!!! [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now, that is very very cool! Congrads to your young man. Can you beat him yet?

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool. You've just made your Dad's day.

One day, I hope my daughter says that her Dad Rocks!! Or whatever the equivalent expression will be in 15-20 years. That would completely make my day.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought this thread was going to be from your daughter (taking over your ST account) talking about you!! :)

Congrats to your Dad. Very, very cool.
Quote Reply
Re: My Dad Rocks!!!!! [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't let my daughter near to my ST account. She is in bed right now resting up for her 4:45 wakeup call to go swim so getting hooked on ST might be her downfall :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smart man! I'm glad I didn't have a place like this when I was in school!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome, just freaking awesome.

I ran the first and the last Run to the Far Side (#21). Sadly, though they've continued the run, it is no longer associated with Gary Larson, so I'm out and don't consider it the same race anymore.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply