Like a Boss.
Quote Reply
Re: My DIY carbon-fiber frame [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:
boom808 wrote:
Holy SHIT!

This!

Are you SURE that thing's not going to fall apart when you ride it? It's kinda important. I don't know about you, but I value my teeth.

Sometimes you loose, sometimes you win. That's life.

No, seriously. I have yet ridden the bike around twenty times and it feels as sturdy as my old bike. Naturally I will take it more slow when I ride on unknown roads (I don't compete but train triathlon merely beacuse I love the three sports togeather).
Quote Reply
Re: My DIY carbon-fiber frame [TheLankyKid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheLankyKid wrote:
That is amazing. Coolest thing I have seen in a long time! How many hours did you spend hands-on making that?

I don't know the exact time, but it took three months and I usually worked a couple of hours per day
Quote Reply
Re: My DIY carbon-fiber frame [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brider wrote:
The bumpiness is due to vacuum-bagging over a solid mold rather than bladder-pressing into a hollow mold.

Still, awesome job!

That is BS. Do you know how much pressure is applied when you vacuum bagged? I have done many high power rockets and gliders using the lost foam method and never had an issue. I think what happen is that there was an issue with a leak with the vacuum bag when the epoxy was curing or the vacuum pump was too small for the project.
Last edited by: Raptor: Jun 14, 12 15:43
Quote Reply
Re: My DIY carbon-fiber frame [brummelisa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brummelisa wrote:

Ummmm. Is it just me, or is that the face of the Virgin Mary I can see? You could have Catholics hanging off your back wheel everywhere you go!
Quote Reply
Re: My DIY carbon-fiber frame [downesy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now THAT is funny!

For the OP: Great job on the frame, I tip my hat to you sir, even if it does look like something you dragged out of a dumpster from behind the Cervelo factory ;)

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: My DIY carbon-fiber frame [downesy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that 1K carbon?
Quote Reply
Re: My DIY carbon-fiber frame [phourgenres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Downsey, that was really funny. Haven't seen it, but now I know that I could go really fast having Mary helping me :)

It's 3K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool;0) good luck with it.

Quote | Reply
Amazing job!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coolest DIY ever.
Quote Reply
Re: My DIY carbon-fiber frame [DextrosePLZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is all sorts of awesome. Let us know how it rides.

How did you figure out the geometry for it? Did you just use some existing charts and wing it?
Quote Reply
Re: My DIY carbon-fiber frame [dashmutton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dashmutton wrote:
This is all sorts of awesome. Let us know how it rides.

How did you figure out the geometry for it? Did you just use some existing charts and wing it?

It rides ok. I havn't ever ridden a TT bike, so I can only compare to my racer-bike and it feels the same.

I took the Cervelo P5 charts and copied them and the few photos I found when I started back in January.
Quote Reply

Prev Next