Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ask ML about HVTC #3 last night.

Classic ML tri - rockfish swim, uber bike, strong run.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Alex Sherwood so out of shape that he only beat you by 20sec? ;-) Congrats ... great race!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So far, it's a toss-up about who's Summer '09 Tour was less successful, Murphy's Law or Michael Jackson. Are we going to see redemption at Timberman? Will ML regain the Eye of the Tiger? Stay tuned folks...

Ouch...the ML v MJ smackdown...some funny shit right there
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [baliman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Alex isn't 100% but he was pretty fast last night.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If by saying Alex is "not at 100%", you mean, he had only the 2nd fastest swim, 3rd fastest bike, 2nd fastest run (which would have been a new run course record, if not for the insanely fast run split Nick M threw down) then yes - he is clearly not at 100%. : )

When all the fast doodes show up, the stakes get raised. My time last nite was a course PB for me, and in the 2 other club races this season would have been good enuff for 2nd or 3rd OA. Last season, it might have won a few times outright.

Last nite? 5th place.

I'm hoping for a good day at Timberman, but my season redemption will be at AmZof.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy, are you doing the long course zofingen? If so, I will see you there... (most likely that is). Watch out my man!

Stefan
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [kus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I am a glutton for punishment.

I also have a fever, and the only prescription is (besides MORE COWBELL) - winning Tetsuoni's money!!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nothing to worry for ya, for the last 2 years I did a lot of riding, and barely any running. you will catch me :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, ML, either AmZof will be your redemption or you can drown your sorrows in free beer.

Kus, awesome to have you joining us!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
John, I had to announce it here so there is no return or bail-out. my training starts tomorrow, 83 mile bike race near Albany, then a "brick" run in the afternoon. sweet!

s.
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [kus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The more the merrier! Glad to hear you'll be joining in the festivities.

Hey tetsuoni - time for another raise for your Marketing Director. I think you should double my salary again this year, and all the free beer I can drink at the end of the race.
Deal?

OK, what's 2x2x2x2x$0?? That's gotta be a big number, right?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kus, good luck at the state champs. I was thinking of riding the 45+, which is only 63 miles, but I'd like to race well at West Point tomorrow so I'm taking a pass. 83 hilly miles will put a lot of hay into the AmZof barn!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
West Point

See you tomorrow! Us old guys get to go off in the first wave tomorrow. Nice for the swim, bad for the bike with no one to draft pass off of.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, like you'd be passing anybody on a bike anyway. ;-)

Watch out for the sonic boom when tetsuoni goes by you in about the first .5m of the bike leg. He's stoopid-fast on a bike these days.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The freaky thing is that I am passing people on the bike this year. My run, however, has been totally MIA.

As for tetsuoni, I figure I am just going to pull over to the side of the road and wait for him to pass. I am highly concerned about the wake tubulence and keeping the bike upright.

P.s. Why ain't your name up on the AmZof partycipants list yet?

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You oldest guys are lucky. My old guys' wave is last, just after the clydes. I'll be like the titanic bumping off those icebergs. Damn the manatees, full speed ahead!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watch out for the sonic boom when tetsuoni goes by you in about the first .5m of the bike leg. He's stoopid-fast on a bike these days.

Your comment got me to thinking, so I went back and checked last year's results. Tetsuoni-san finished about seven minutes ahead of me last year (and 2nd overall, nicely done).

This year, I go in the first wave with 55 yr olds and older and some older females (you know, all of us older "fragile" types). Tetsuoni goes off last 18 minutes later. Barring any catastrophies, I should be done about the time he's a couple of minutes into his run, give or take.

Also, given the wave setup, I have half a chance of being behind the lead out vehicle for a half mile or so on the bike. I'd have more confidence in that thought if I had a wetsuit. However, as my wetsuit managed to disappear somehow in the T1 tent at IMLP last month, I'll be going old school tomorrow in the swim. There are cadets in the second wave, and I know some of them will be pounding on me pretty quick, even with a three minute head start.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'll be going old school tomorrow. There are cadets in the second wave, and I know some of them will be pounding on me pretty quick.

Blanket Party on Parkito?? Don't ask - don't tell. ;-)

Just back from a nice romp up Perkins. Season pay-bay, bay-bee!! Only :10 off my all-time pb.
Bodes well for good things to come....

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey kids, I did a 6hr. brick today (140k/20k - all hills all the time) in 30C temps - I am now officially heat acclimatized for Oct.11. That was, by the way, the longest ride I have done in my life, believe it or not. I cheated and went on largely shaded trails up the back of hills on the run. Now I guess I have to work on doing it faster to catch the turbulence from Tetsuoni (but not draft of course, ha ha). Recovering with central air this aft - don't know about you guys, but this is the first week of warm weather here all summer.
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [peterkonecny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, you're almost making me think I should train for AmZof this year. Almost.

There were quite a few other ST'ers who did some fairly epic workouts to prep for it. Made for some enjoyable reading.

Every year I say I'm going to do a ride longer than ~3hrs to get ready for it. And every year on the 3rd loop of the bike, I curse myself for NOT having done it.
I imagine history will repeat itself again this year.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
83 miles planned, 63 completed. we had 47 starters in our field today, and only 10 finishers!!! the rest dropped or got pulled off the course (now I'm looking for the smallest font here)... me included. but it's 2 more month til AZ, so I'm not worrying... not too much that is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Catskill Mt. Multisport is organizing an AmZof training camp on August 28, 29 & 30. There is limited accomodation available at the Training Center. Check-in is Friday evening, where videotaped stride analysis will be an available option, along with a meal and home brewed beer. Saturday will include 1 guided lap of the run course and up to 3 guided laps of the bike course. Hammer Nutrition products will be available at an aid station. Saturday evening has the option of swim stroke analysis in the Training Center's Endless Pool. Sunday will feature 1 guided lap of the bike course, followed by up to 3 guided laps of the run course. Futher details will be posted at www.catskillmountainmultisport.com shortly.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still, that's a lot of hay in the barn on a hot day. Good work.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Catskill Mt. Multisport is organizing an AmZof training camp on August 28, 29 & 30. There is limited accomodation available at the Training Center. Check-in is Friday evening, where videotaped stride analysis will be an available option, along with a meal and home brewed beer. Saturday will include 1 guided lap of the run course and up to 3 guided laps of the bike course. Hammer Nutrition products will be available at an aid station. Saturday evening has the option of swim stroke analysis in the Training Center's Endless Pool. Sunday will feature 1 guided lap of the bike course, followed by up to 3 guided laps of the run course. Futher details will be posted at www.catskillmountainmultisport.com shortly.

That's way cool. So - who's holding down the fort at Devil's Kitchen Tri whilst the camp is going on?

Swim stroke analysis for AmZof?? You see something crazy in the Farmer's Almanac for that second weekend in Oct or something?
;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When it comes to pounding cadets, Parkito was pitchin', not catchin' today, leading the first wave out of the water and holding onto the race lead until halfway into the bike, winning his age group in the process over the always tough Bill Norton.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply

Prev Next