Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Much love Cervelo P2 price jacked up!
Quote | Reply
Just went in to order a new 2018 Cervelo P2 105 to build up over the winter and I had to walk out. Cervelo has jacked up their Canadian price by $1000 on a bike Spec'd almost identical to what it was last year?? And this on a Frameset that has now been around for a while? What gives?
Quote Reply
Re: Much love Cervelo P2 price jacked up! [mpkellyjunior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mpkellyjunior wrote:
Just went in to order a new 2018 Cervelo P2 105 to build up over the winter and I had to walk out. Cervelo has jacked up their Canadian price by $1000 on a bike Spec'd almost identical to what it was last year?
Wow. In the US, I think the P2 is overpriced at $2,800 USD. It would be a total joke at $3,600 USD. Other bikes have since eclipsed the P2/P3 in that lower price tier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you ride a 56, 58, or 61, you could ask for the black/red/white P5 frameset that's on clearance... It retails for $2600 US right now.....just a thought....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mpkellyjunior wrote:
Just went in to order a new 2018 Cervelo P2 105 to build up over the winter and I had to walk out. Cervelo has jacked up their Canadian price by $1000 on a bike Spec'd almost identical to what it was last year?? And this on a Frameset that has now been around for a while? What gives?

P2 105 on sale at R&A Cycles for $2400. I spoke to them awhile back. You can fly in or get an agent (friend) to pay for it and they will ship it to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I bought my first TT bike in 2015 I ended up with the Felt B14 with Ultegra for $1,999. That was the standard price at the time. The 2015 Cervelo P2 at the time was around $2,500 and it had 105. The geometry of the two are different so the P2 was not a good fit for me anyhow but I did wonder why so much difference in price.

The B14 has served me well. Also they did that wind tunnel test earlier this year and the B series was the benchmark test bike. So you can see how much time you might give up between the B series and "super" bikes. I would imagine difference in CdA between P2 and Felt B14 isn't much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does that make it $3800 cdn? Yikes!!

Shop in TO was clearing the white and blue one at $1500ish, don't see it on their website anymore though.
Quote Reply
Re: Much love Cervelo P2 price jacked up! [tickyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, $3800 CND. And also just saw the they haven't increased their USD prices at all! I can find a 2017 Black or White Framest P2, but the fact was more that I can't see why they'd increase the bike price as the frameset gets older and the SPEC is the same! So I'll go with the lesser as its all about fit and speed! But the new colours certainly are nicer in my eyes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just checked Felts current price for the B14, still $1,999 US. Checked the current P2, $2,800 US and still 105 vs Ultegra for the B14. Not worth $800 US more IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just guessing here, but it could be the entire marketing strategy - get lots of hype and news with their super-uber-superbike P5x or whatever its called, which almost nobody will buy, but use the hype to then jack up the prices of their real moneymakers, of which I suspect the P2 is a big one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, 3800 CDN is pretty close to the USA price ya know..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I notice on their website you can get a p2 ultegra di2 on clearance for $3700. Perhaps a local dealer might be able to do better?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mpkellyjunior wrote:

Same in Australia. $4k for 105?? And considering there's virtually no difference in models, why would you bother. I ended up selling my P2 and went for a TM02.$1k cheaper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you try Wheels of Blood? They are selling S2s and R2s (105 I think) for $1,900 Canadian, and a P3 with DuraAce for $2,999. They might have some P2s around that they will give you a good price on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just reading the S5 disc review on Bike Radar and they want 7000$ US for the Ultegra Ui2. WTF! Sounds like Cervelo is jacking their prices up across the board.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mpkellyjunior wrote:

Are you sure that isn't the price for the Di2 spec'ed P2?
Quote Reply
Re: Much love Cervelo P2 price jacked up! [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2017's Cervelo S5 (non-disc) Ultegra DI2 model retails at $8,500. That's actually a big price drop.

Whether that's still over-priced or not is a different story.

grumpier.mike wrote:
I was just reading the S5 disc review on Bike Radar and they want 7000$ US for the Ultegra Ui2. WTF! Sounds like Cervelo is jacking their prices up across the board.
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Sep 22, 17 2:45
Quote Reply
Re: Much love Cervelo P2 price jacked up! [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:
2017's Cervelo S5 (non-disc) Ultegra DI2 model retails at $8,500. That's actually a big price drop.

Whether that's still over-priced or not is a different story.

grumpier.mike wrote:

Sorry I typed that wrong. It should have been S3. Since when does a mid-level bike with mid- grade components sell for that much. Cervelo is trying to take advantage of BryanD's enthusiasm for discs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mpkellyjunior wrote:

2015 P2-105 @ CAD$ 2499 (complete bike)
2017 P2-105 @ CAD$ 2599 (complete bike)

At Endurosport in Toronto. Just got an email:
https://www.endurosport.com/search.php?search_query=p2&mc_cid=4c19dec99e&mc_eid=e2cabfe41d

Last edited by: bx3: Sep 22, 17 8:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think you're wrong about that.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Much love Cervelo P2 price jacked up! [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you ridden an S3? it is hardly a mid grade bike and the Ui2 bike MSRP is $7700 USD and includes a set of ENVE wheels...

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Much love Cervelo P2 price jacked up! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman, I was shocked. And sad. So was the dealer as it was the first time he'd noticed it (so he tells me). He called his Cervelo rep and the response was that they should have raised the prices last year but never did. So they did this year. 2017 Cervelo P2 105 retail was $2900. 2018 Cervelo P2 105 is now $3800. Its about fit to me. So most likely I'll be placing myself aboard a 2017!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mpkellyjunior wrote:
2017 Cervelo P2 105 retail was $2900. 2018 Cervelo P2 105 is now $3800.
At $2,900 CAD, the P2 was deeply discounted relative to the P2 in the U.S. market. The Canadian P2 exchange rate adjusted would be around $2,400 USD. Current U.S. price is $2,800 for the P2. However, the jump up to $3,800 CAD is a bit strong, even relative to the U.S. market. That would convert to around $3,100 USD.

So, it is a big and painful jump. But it is also probably a price correction relative to other markets. (Good luck to them on the new price, if they are competing against the Trek SC and Felt IA at $3,700 CAD.)
Quote Reply
Re: Much love Cervelo P2 price jacked up! [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But Cervelo is a Canadian company so it might explain why the canadian pricing was the way it was. Just a theory!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah and they have bumped the R3 from I think 4800 to 6800 from what I can see - primarily ultegra mechanical with disk is what I looked at before walking
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wheels of Bloor P3 Dura-ace CDN $2999.
Quote Reply

Prev Next