Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mr Don is having a rather good start to the year!
Quote | Reply
http://www.slowtwitch.com/...St._George_5048.html

We all know that Tim can run but his bike seems to be improving too. Particularly on courses with a few hills. I've read he wants to have a go at Kona. I'm not sure it's a course for his strengths but he is certainly progressing in the right direction.
Quote Reply
Re: Mr Don is having a rather good start to the year! [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
newManUK wrote:

We all know that Tim can run but his bike seems to be improving too. Particularly on courses with a few hills. I've read he wants to have a go at Kona. I'm not sure it's a course for his strengths but he is certainly progressing in the right direction.

He said in Monterrey that his primary focus in on 70.3WC as opposed to Kona. As Jan showed last year, you certainly do well at both. But I think Tim will do Kona of 70.3 focused training rather than doing WC in Austria off Kona-focused training.

Obviously, there's a ton of crossover, but Tim seemed to indicate that he wasn't looking "through" 70.3WC with an eye towards Kona but rather the opposite (perhaps more akin to Kienle in 2012 & 2013).

Regardless, one of the most impressive starts to a racing season I can remember. He has been flawless, both literally and figuratively, in his execution.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Mr Don is having a rather good start to the year! [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of 'The Don' not only as a racer but it would seem he has one hell of a personality. To put it in his own words he's racing "mighty dirty" this year so far. I hope to see him continue to do well this year!

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Mr Don is having a rather good start to the year! [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
newManUK wrote:

He said in Monterrey that his primary focus in on 70.3WC as opposed to Kona. As Jan showed last year, you certainly do well at both. But I think Tim will do Kona of 70.3 focused training rather than doing WC in Austria off Kona-focused training.

Obviously, there's a ton of crossover, but Tim seemed to indicate that he wasn't looking "through" 70.3WC with an eye towards Kona but rather the opposite (perhaps more akin to Kienle in 2012 & 2013).

Regardless, one of the most impressive starts to a racing season I can remember. He has been flawless, both literally and figuratively, in his execution.

Thanks for that Jordan. I really had no idea that the WC was in Austria that course could be very good for Tim. However, the last time I watched him race in that part of the world (2003 World Duathlon) he was broken by a very strong Benny Van Steelant before the bike even started. Perhaps Joerie will qualify and race well as he dominates these hilly duathlon courses.
Quote Reply