Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mountain Biking
Quote | Reply
Got on a Mountain Bike yesterday and OMG, what a blast!!!

I found that little ring up front is my best friend when the trail gets steep cuz you can't stand while climbing the trails

I have taken the winters off from cycling the past two years cuz I hate riding on the trainer but this type of riding I could do all winter if it stays dry.

I'm even thinking of doing a local Xterra race this summer in Brighton MI. Anyone have any info on that race?

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain Biking [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Got on a Mountain Bike yesterday and OMG, what a blast!!!

I found that little ring up front is my best friend when the trail gets steep cuz you can't stand while climbing the trails

I have taken the winters off from cycling the past two years cuz I hate riding on the trainer but this type of riding I could do all winter if it stays dry.

I'm even thinking of doing a local Xterra race this summer in Brighton MI. Anyone have any info on that race?

jaretj
Screw trainers in the winter ... mountain bikes, cyclocross bikes, commuter bikes... that's where it's at baybee...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dude. you live in michigan - take that little ring off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like you, I have just re-discovered mountain biking. Since I moved to Canada this summer, there are much better opportunities and better trails than my old home, so I've been getting on the trail about once a week. A different trail each week, its great.

It is like being a kid again, I just tend to chicken out in the really challenging technical stuff, since I normally think about the fact that I need to go to work on Monday.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain Biking [yip the coyote] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My corner of Michigan is pretty flat but not these trails.

Up down up down up up up weeee!!!

Oh no, slow down for that hair pin turn between the trees!!!

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have to agree with you. Got a MTB last month. Total blast! No worries about aero this, carbon that. Just ride and have fun. And no one tells me my seat is too high.

- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain Biking [Chris in Balto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your seat is too high.

(I'm rolling my eyes at me too)
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain Biking [Chris in Balto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your MTB seat is too high... ;)

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also took to mtn biking 2 days/week in lieu of my road bike (I'm still on that every Saturday), and am also loving it. I don't even have clipless pedals for my mtb...I'd probably get hurt if I did, but I'm enjoying the new terrain, lack of people/traffic, and the legwork that climbing the steeps gives me. A great off-season diversion from doing the same road cycling routes over and over again.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

jaretj
Ever seen a singlespeeder in action? You can climb standing but it takes different technique. I can climb almost anything on the SS I can on the regular bike and it is great strength building. Take those derailleurs off, add a singulator and single cog and get stronger!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two words: single speed.

I have to wash the puke of my bike after every ride.

Oh yeah, rigid, too. No front shock. No rear suspension. Just like a big BMX bike.
Last edited by: jhendric: Nov 9, 05 10:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now, get a good light and hit the trail at night. There's nothing like a smooth singletrack at night. Pure concentration and silence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dry my ass, some of the best mtb is in the winter in the snow, I may be riding at Island lake after swimming Sat with a group if your interested.

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain Biking [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. Last Saturday rode my entire ride through a couple inches of snow. Some of that down some amazing burmed single track.

Nothing better.
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain Biking [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure but there is no swimming this week at Schoolcraft

Hope I can keep up.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Throw on some studded tires and ride on ice and snow. It's a blast and ice does a lot for improving form riding up hills.

I have studded tires on my Softride mountain bike and my fixie and do most of my winter rides outside
Quote Reply