Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Most economical "overseas" IM
Quote | Reply
 I have always thought it would be cool to do an IM outside north america but I am also a grad student and kind of cheap so I was wondering what some of the more economical "bang for your buck" overseas Ironman races are. Specifically wondering about airfare and accomodations. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Most economical "overseas" IM [dirtydan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably one that is not in Europe because the Euro is strong. Brazil maybe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look at the currency exchange rates. When I went to Brazil a few years ago it was about 4 raelles (sp?) to a US dollar so there was a lot of bang for your buck.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Economical IM"...is there such an animal???
:-)
Quote Reply
Re: Most economical "overseas" IM [IronMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Economical IM"...is there such an animal???
:-)
Good point! I guess I'm not that cheap ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
im malaysia...early bird entry fee only 250$ but the conditions are a different story LOL

"Pain is NOT temporary,you remember every bit of it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Key factors would seem to be that you can fly to the destination and avoid renting a car by taking public transit.

Cost of flight and cost of lodging seem to be the two other major factors.

Do any of the Euro IM's have direct flights from the US that land close to the race site?
Quote Reply
Re: Most economical "overseas" IM [caleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there an IM in Frankfurt? If so, there are lots of flights from the US and public trans is pretty good to excellent from my experience.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Most economical "overseas" IM [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is there an IM in Frankfurt? If so, there are lots of flights from the US and public trans is pretty good to excellent from my experience.

there's an IM in Frankfurt am Main. Next year it will be on July 1. Check www.ironman.de.
FFM is a nice city, one of the major financial centers in Europe. Clean, nice opera house. For cheap accomodation check this link: www.jugendherberge.de/en (youth hostels in Germany). A night in Frankfurt plus breakfast will do approx 16,00 EUR.
Quote Reply