Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Most affordable TrainerRoad compatible trainer?
Quote | Reply
I have decided to go ahead and start using TrainerRoad to train with virtual power. My training is pretty unstructured. My overall weekly volume stays pretty consistent (10-12) but the workouts within that time are very inconsistent. I hope I can make some more consistent gains and be able to track progress with virtual power.

I currently have a cheap magnetic trainer that I basically only use for recovery spins a couple times a week (hard rides are solo or with a group of faster riders). So I need to get a TR compatible trainer before I can get started. Any idea of what the best value is? I'd like to get the cheapest one available, but don't want to buy something that is a piece of junk. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Most affordable TrainerRoad compatible trainer? [LastIntoT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i use the travel trac comp fluid trainer and it was the cheapest, errr, affordable-st, that i could find.

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1111869_-1_400037__400037

ive used it for 2 years and with trainer road with no issues.
Last edited by: Ellsworth53T: Apr 21, 14 7:00
Quote Reply
Re: Most affordable TrainerRoad compatible trainer? [LastIntoT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their compatible trainer list is pretty substantial. DC Rainmaker also has a breakdown of trainers at various price points, and the pros and cons. Personally, I have a Cycleops Fluid 2 and a Performance Bike Travel Trac Comp Fluid. The most significant difference is that the Travel Trac take about 4 minutes to pull the bike off or put back on, since it doesn't have a quick release. Add in Performance's product guarantee, and it's hard to go wrong for $150.
Quote Reply