Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Minneapolis/st Paul fitter recommend needed
Quote | Reply
Title says it all, looking for fit for my existing bike, thanks for any info or especially any experiences.
Quote Reply
Re: Minneapolis/st Paul fitter recommend needed [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ilikepizza wrote:
Title says it all, looking for fit for my existing bike, thanks for any info or especially any experiences.

I was considering a fit in the area combined with visiting friends, but ended up not making the trip. When researching fitters this one looked like a great option - especially the fit lab: http://www.bicyclefitguru.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Minneapolis/st Paul fitter recommend needed [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Balzer at bike fit guru, no question.
Quote Reply
Re: Minneapolis/st Paul fitter recommend needed [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1000 on Balser!

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another for Balser. If you can't handle hearing it like it is though he may not be for you.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: Minneapolis/st Paul fitter recommend needed [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is super interesting. I was expecting to hear Gear West come up, thanks so far for the insights as it seems there is a slowtwitch favorite emerging.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think anyone will say Gear West is bad. Kevin has probably done thousands of great fits.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: Minneapolis/st Paul fitter recommend needed [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:
I don't think anyone will say Gear West is bad. Kevin has probably done thousands of great fits.

Picked up my bike from Gear West in December and got an initial fit to get going and moving, it has felt great and have only done minor tweaks so far. They have provided excellent customer service. Even to someone who live almost 2hrs away including replacing warrantee issue things.

I am also interested to hear the answers on a fitter as I am looking to get a full fledge in depth one as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Balser is highly recommended by a lot of friends who have used and continue to use him. Kevin is very good as well, but perhaps makes more sense if you are buying a bike from GW.
Quote Reply
Re: Minneapolis/st Paul fitter recommend needed [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ABarnes wrote:
+1000 on Balser!

+ another bunch of votes for Chris Balser.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go see Paul at Now Sports in Arden Hills.
Quote Reply
Re: Minneapolis/st Paul fitter recommend needed [Shufflin_along] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul has fit my wife and I on road bikes, and I would highly recommend him for that. Never done a TT bike fit, so I wasn't going to give my opinion. But, NOW is an awesome shop and they really want to get you what you need.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Minneapolis/st Paul fitter recommend needed [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul did my road bike and Tri bike. Road bike first then Tri bike. I was riding the Tri bike this weekend in a half, all was going well until I crashed, don't remember what happened but it was not the fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Minneapolis/st Paul fitter recommend needed [Shufflin_along] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about the crash. Paul fit my wife to her first road bike in February a couple years ago. They set it up to match and she didn't ride it until late April and she said it was perfect.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you've gotten 2 recommendations i think are sound in paul at now bikes and chris. now tho i think you should take the next step and determine in advance, and we should settle it in this thread, what you expect as an output.

so. what do you expect as an output? what are the deliverables you expect for your money spent?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Minneapolis/st Paul fitter recommend needed [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate the insights.

Coming from someone who has never had a fit and is 2yrs into the game as a MOPer...my expectations are that I have a fit that provides me the balance of comfort, power, and aero for HIM/IM distance. I want to be able to drop in my aerobars for hours and be semi-comfortable without numb-crank and feel like I am not sacrificing much power.The world's best fit isn't going to put me on the podium, I don't expect wind tunnel data, all I am after is incremental improvement from the trial and error I've been doing on my trainer. Fit coordinates would also be a deliverable that would help in the future. Ideally I would also like this thread to pay for the service...
Quote Reply
Re: Minneapolis/st Paul fitter recommend needed [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm good,my bike is good, my wallet will be hurting when the bills come. I will need a new skin cooler Tri top from Desoto, and a helmet. I am surprised, I was thinking the hole in my Tri top would be much larger, no holes in my 400 mile bibs. Helmet has a big crack in it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shufflin_along wrote:
Go see Paul at Now Sports in Arden Hills.

I agree complete with these recommendations. Paul fit me as well, they use the GURU fit platform (actually ended up on of their last GURU bikes too). Experience was great, bike fit is perfect. Rode it the weekend in the Madison half and was comfortable the entire race on a rather technical course in windy and hot conditions.

Sorry to hear about your wreck, hoping you heal up quick. Apparently there were a lot of wrecks this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ilikepizza wrote:
Appreciate the insights.

Coming from someone who has never had a fit and is 2yrs into the game as a MOPer...my expectations are that I have a fit that provides me the balance of comfort, power, and aero for HIM/IM distance. I want to be able to drop in my aerobars for hours and be semi-comfortable without numb-crank and feel like I am not sacrificing much power.The world's best fit isn't going to put me on the podium, I don't expect wind tunnel data, all I am after is incremental improvement from the trial and error I've been doing on my trainer. Fit coordinates would also be a deliverable that would help in the future. Ideally I would also like this thread to pay for the service...

I brought my Tri bike into Paul, after a couple years of fiddling with it myself, he got out a tape measure and measured everything. The last couple of steps in the fit he pressed a couple keys on his computer and the fit bike went to some presets and Paul asked how it felt, I told him to put it back to whatever the settings were the step prior. What he had done was toggle the fit bike between what my Tri bike was when I brought it in and what his fit was prescribing, with the fit just more comfortable. I have done some centuries on the Tri bike with my fiddling fit, but the actual fit was just more comfortable.

I am a mop on a good day.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply