Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Michellie Jones on the new 2007 Felt DA for '07 Season!
Quote | Reply
It's official: The ink is on the deal.

Michellie Jones is racing on the new Felt DA for her 2007 racing season. Jones was on Felt two years ago and has returned to the Felt Racing with the introduction of the new all-carbon fiber, aerodynamic B2 and DA frame family.

Jones will race on the DA version with Bayonet integrated aerodynamic front end and train on the B2 version that uses a more conventional front end configuration.

This is a pretty significant deal since Triathlete magazine recently showcased the meticulous nature of Michellie Jones' equipment preparation and research.

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of her on the new equipment.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Last edited by: Tom Demerly: Dec 15, 06 12:41
Quote Reply
Re: Michellie Jones on the new 2007 Felt DA for '07 Season! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tom-

Good for Felt !.

Do you know if there has ever been a Felt ridden to an Ironman win or podium finish ?

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Michellie Jones on the new 2007 Felt DA for '07 Season! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here is Felt's photo of the new DA from their website:
The spec: http://www.feltracing.com/...1&catid=18,20,51

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Michellie Jones on the new 2007 Felt DA for '07 Season! [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't Paula Newby ride Felt for several years?

http://www.mctriguy.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Michellie Jones on the new 2007 Felt DA for '07 Season! [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, there have been several. Jim Felt has built bikes for, among others, Greg Welch, Paula Newby Fraser and other Ironman podium athletes.

I don't remember the years and results specifically as far as what was won on Felt bikes, and some of Paula's races were done on bikes that were not branded Felt at the time.

Another significant development for Felt is that the TIAA/Cref Pro Cycling Team will be on the bikes for the 2007 season.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's another look from INterbike '07:

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most recently -- Jasper Blake won IM Canada 2006 on a Felt B2.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Michellie Jones on the new 2007 Felt DA for '07 Season! [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There you go...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just might have to do that in '07 too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It's official: The ink is on the deal.

Michellie Jones is racing on the new Felt DA for her 2007 racing season. Jones was on Felt two years ago and has returned to the Felt Racing with the introduction of the new all-carbon fiber, aerodynamic B2 and DA frame family.

Jones will race on the DA version with Bayonet integrated aerodynamic front end and train on the B2 version that uses a more conventional front end configuration.

This is a pretty significant deal since Triathlete magazine recently showcased the meticulous nature of Michellie Jones' equipment preparation and research.

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of her on the new equipment.
Was she promised November delivery also......the rate Felt are keeping up with orders, she'll be riding her Giant in '07. Tom, a friend of mine called your shop, whoever answered said they had no idea on delivery and weren't prepared to find out (wasn't you or the Mrs)?!

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Last edited by: ShoMyOFace: Dec 15, 06 13:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paula rode Felt designed bikes labeled Hamilton, Easton, and Felt (remember those 24' wheels and hinged cranks?). Welch rode Felt for a few seasons, but I think he won on a Softride. I think Kenny Souza raced on Felt bikes for a couple seasons, and there were more.

So if Michellie is on the new DA does that mean it will be available in pink?

Quote Reply
Re: Michellie Jones on the new 2007 Felt DA for '07 Season! [andrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seem to remember Souza being on one as well.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad. Giant is Tour proven!
Quote Reply
Re: Michellie Jones on the new 2007 Felt DA for '07 Season! [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hold yer horse tex

No one has B2's or DA's in the U.S. yet except for maybe Michellie. They aren't in shops yet.

How smart do you think it is calling out your LBS and bike fitter for something that isn't their fault? This is the guy doing your bike fit and you just flamed him....

Nice...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She didn't do too bad on her Giant either. Pros ride whatever sponsors provide.
Quote Reply
Re: Michellie Jones on the new 2007 Felt DA for '07 Season! [tri2domybest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries. The bikes are arriving after the original projection of November delivery that we rec'd at Interbike. That happens pretty commonly and we experienced the same thing with the release of the Cervelo P3C.

And ShoMyOFace, I e-mailed Felt regarding the ETA of your bike, phoned them (twice) and I got a forward of the e-mail you sent them and I PM'd you on ths forum to confirm I followed up before your posting here.

As soon as we know more you'll hear from us. We'll keep you posted. :)

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Michellie Jones on the new 2007 Felt DA for '07 Season! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the presentation of her bike with the custom paint and the uniform she wore was pretty impressive. I wonder what Felt and her clothing sponsors will do to color key the appearance of her racing clothes and the bike together.

Truthfully, I hope they don;t do a custom paint job on the bike. We have people asking for custom Kuota Kaliburs with the Normann Stadler paint scheme now pretty frequently.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Tom, how much and how long of a wait?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a photo of her on her previous Felt race bike from two years ago I believe.

And on her Giant:

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Michellie Jones on the new 2007 Felt DA for '07 Season! [PaulR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The information I am hearing from Felt is mid-January at this point.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Michellie Jones on the new 2007 Felt DA for '07 Season! [tri2domybest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
hold yer horse tex

No one has B2's or DA's in the U.S. yet except for maybe Michellie. They aren't in shops yet.

How smart do you think it is calling out your LBS and bike fitter for something that isn't their fault? This is the guy doing your bike fit and you just flamed him....

Nice...

I stand corrected, and I publicly apologize to Bikesport ownership.

The employee represents Bikesport and Tom/Sarah, however, perhaps greater courtiousness/follow-up should be on par with what was recieved/shown by Tom/Sarah today.

THANK YOU Tom & Sarah.

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Michellie Jones on the new 2007 Felt DA for '07 Season! [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Sir, I do appreciate it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for that. I will make sure to keep everyone here in the loop as well. Much appreciated!

"It is not the great things we do in life that really matter, it's the small things we do with a great heart..."-Mother Theresa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stand corrected, and I publicly apologize to Bikesport ownership.

...its not my business, but there is the delete or edit option for your post!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Craig Walton and Emma Snowsill have won plenty of shorter races on their Felts.
Quote Reply

Prev Next