Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Michelle Vesterby's SuperSlice 2017
Quote | Reply
She just received her new Cannondale SuperSlice.

Is Heather Jackson next?
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's SuperSlice 2017 [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cannondale's SuperSlice geometric measurements but without the numbers:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a similar frame to the one Potts had (a photo leak of) in Kona but didn't use. Or is this one more of an integrated stem?

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Last edited by: Timtek: May 21, 17 11:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billyk24 wrote:
She just received her new Cannondale SuperSlice.

Is Heather Jackson next?

I am confused. Front wheel disc brakes, but with a disk wheel on the rear, is she just rolling with no rear brake. Is this not illegal for real racing?
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's SuperSlice 2017 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The disc is presumably on the other side of the disc :)

See e.g., https://www.facebook.com/.../?type=3&theater
Last edited by: jth: May 21, 17 11:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She goes as far as putting an aero crank set on there but puts a 24 oz round bottle on the down tube?? I guess that's just as odd as putting disc brakes on a tt bike.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lets say the rear brake was a rim brake..... why would that be illegal? I see no reason why it wouldn't be legal for triathlon.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's SuperSlice 2017 [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
She goes as far as putting an aero crank set on there but puts a 24 oz round bottle on the down tube?? I guess that's just as odd as putting disc brakes on a tt bike.

+ Gators ?

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ummmmm........ disc brakes are on the left hand side of the bike Dev

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's SuperSlice 2017 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Ummmmm........ disc brakes are on the left hand side of the bike Dev

I did not realize you can get a disc wheel with a disc brake option! Sorry about that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
meh, in fact i'm so unimpressed i can't even be bothered to use capital letters

i've seen more enticing bikes just riding around Tucson this week

best thing about the bike in that pic is the spacers between the basebar and elbow pads

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this SuperSlice using a pre-production Vision Disc as Vision Tech does not list such a wheel for sale on their website?
Last edited by: Billyk24: May 21, 17 18:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you look really closely you can see a seam which might indicate it's a disc cover.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why arent all bike companies making a draft box or integrated storage a standard thing? I like the slice but integrated storage is a big selling point for other bikes.

Don't drown. Don't crash. Don't walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's SuperSlice 2017 [rotosound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because not all companies believe that a bike entirely made of Kamm tail airfoils is a good idea, and if you don't have a wide Kamm tail airfoil as your seat tube, then the draft box doesn't make the bike faster.

As we have moved away from believing that riders actually see 15 degrees of yaw for any significant portion of a day on course, it becomes harder and harder to justify some of the drag improvements that are possible against the trade off of poorer performance at lower speeds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:

Obviously a training ride pic, so who cares about a downtube bottle?

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's SuperSlice 2017 [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Obviously a training ride pic, so who cares about a downtube bottle?

I suppose I erroneously thought it was in race trim, given the rear disc, but it's hard to believe she is racing in gatorskins... At IM Texas I did see a few bikes racked up with gatorskins on their discs... but I digress.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's SuperSlice 2017 [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chicanery wrote:
Because not all companies believe that a bike entirely made of Kamm tail airfoils is a good idea, and if you don't have a wide Kamm tail airfoil as your seat tube, then the draft box doesn't make the bike faster.

As we have moved away from believing that riders actually see 15 degrees of yaw for any significant portion of a day on course, it becomes harder and harder to justify some of the drag improvements that are possible against the trade off of poorer performance at lower speeds.

Just to add to that--not all triathlon bikes are raced in long course. Cannondales are some of the cheapest tri bikes on the market in the US for entry level riders. Those people are racing sprint and oly distances in larger numbers than 70.3/140.6. Makes sense to target that market IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's SuperSlice 2017 [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:

Just to add to that--not all triathlon bikes are raced in long course. Cannondales are some of the cheapest tri bikes on the market in the US for entry level riders. Those people are racing sprint and oly distances in larger numbers than 70.3/140.6. Makes sense to target that market IMO.

I mostly agree. A short course triathlete doesn't need aerodynamically sound storage for 60 oz of water, 7 gels, 4 power bars, 2 baloney sandwiches, and an on-board smoothie blender. But we all need a place to put a flat kit, at least.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: May 22, 17 14:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We don't sponsor Michelle so I don't know her bottle plans, but I do follow her personally on Instagram and have seen her sport an aero bottle on the downtube. In this post she is talking about a race the next day. Based on these 2 pics, I would assume standard bottle for training and aero bottle for race day.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interestingly, nobody seemed to notice the Drag2Zero extensions or the foam grips in place of bar tape :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sure this is a training ride pic with race wheels on, to test the bike day before the race.

Agreed Gatorskins really suck. But i dont suppose you ever raced in Denmark. It is probably the country on this planet, where you will get the most punctures. So for a F race which i guess this was to Michelle. Gatorskins are actually a good choice.

Disclaimer: I have made a living in bike shops for more than 2 decades, so according to most people on this forum am not at all trust worthy
Quote Reply