Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mavic Tri Helium
Quote | Reply
So bummed recently. Bought the Mavic Tri Helium through all3sports and one of the holes on the bottom of the shoe is not threaded. The end result is a cleat that is impossible to attach to the shoe as the screw wont go in. all3sports will mail me a new pair, but since I live in Canada, it is expected that I need to pay the brokerage and taxes again. Really? $170 again? Ok , so I have to cough up over $700 for Tri shoes? So I tried contacting someone at Mavic. I might as well call Yuri on planet Krypton...
I was wondering if anybody has had the same issue as I did , or am I just shit out a luck?
I am hoping that someone who knows someone who knows someone at Mavic can read this and make this right. It is unfair to the consumer to be treated like this.
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic Tri Helium [DieDier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the issue is that the metal cylinder in the shoe is not threaded, take it to a local machine shop and they can thread it for you.

You could also buy a thread tap at the local hardware store and do it yourself.

If they are just using threaded inserts like the ones below, you can buy a replacement at a hardware store.

I had this problem with a pair of Lakes, but it was all in the US, so no problems.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic Tri Helium [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not sure if able to get it threaded at a hardware store?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They need an M5x0.8mm tap...pretty standard.

Just depends if they do minor jobs like this, or just sell parts.

Any local machine shop will do this for a couple bucks, and many bike shops have taps and thread chasers as well.

A local Mavic dealer might do it as a warranty. I had a pair of Ksyruims with a twisted spoke, and my local shop, Palo Alto Bicycles (shout out), fixed it free.

Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DieDier wrote:
http://www.royles.biz/p/11862/Mavic-Tri-Helium-Triathlon-Cycling-Shoe-Yellow-2015

Typically, these shoes use threaded inserts like the ones pictured above (these are standard bulk parts, like nuts and bolts). Sometime the machines that thread them miss one, and it gets used in a shoe (why they don't check for this is beyond me). This is what happened with my Lakes.

You can get a replacement at a hardware store (the threading is M5x0.8mm) and install it with a hammer.
Removing the unthreaded one just takes placing an M5 bolt over the insert and tapping the insert out with a hammer (knocking it to the inside of the shoe).

Quote Reply