Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Marino is in for kona !
Quote | Reply
Marinos facebook says he is in for kona ,surely this shakes things up - what are his chances if he rides with frodo and kienle? has he got a winning or podium marathon in him or did he leave it on the course in Austria? Good to see him back regardless.
Quote Reply
Re: Marino is in for kona ! [jono] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He has zero chance if he "rides" with Seb or Jan. If he dictates the pace and leads off the bike without blowing his wad, he might win with an alright marathon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would love to see him have a good race. If he is smart he'll just ride with Frodo and do minimal work and have a good. He has been top 3 at Kona before so he CAN do well there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, I thought Dan Marino was going to be racing in Kona. Man that would have been something.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Marino is in for kona ! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev i dont think he would be showing up if he didnt think he had a shot-we all know he swore he would never come back ,really hope he pulls one out of the box too...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone get a 2 liter bottle of soda ready for him at mile 10 of the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely a top 10 contender but he hasn;t had a good Kona race in 4-5 years
Should be interesting, would love to see him on the top 10 podium
Quote Reply
Re: Marino is in for kona ! [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thugbuster wrote:

More like someone make sure the water, ice, and sponges are actually ready for him from miles 7 - 10 of the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The heat of Kona has never been his friend and this year is going to be an extreme day if the current conditions stick around. His run is going to suffer as it did in 11 & 12.
Quote Reply
Re: Marino is in for kona ! [ttmonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttmonkey wrote:
The heat of Kona has never been his friend and this year is going to be an extreme day if the current conditions stick around. His run is going to suffer as it did in 11 & 12.

Yep, El Nino has laid the smack down here this summer. We're a long way until October...but August has been one of the most brutal summer months I can remember.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thugbuster wrote:

Winner

--------------------------------------------------------
John Behme
Charlotte, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Marino is in for kona ! [jbnc77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as Chris McCormack isn't leaving T1 with him he should have a good ride and be in a good position off the bike.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Marino is in for kona ! [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
As long as Chris McCormack isn't leaving T1 with him he should have a good ride and be in a good position off the bike.

The year Macca won (2010) Marino actually had a solid race collaborating with Macca on the bike (everyone thought Macca was washed up and no threat). 2012 is when Macca screwed up Marino's deraillleur.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thugbuster wrote:

x1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jono wrote:
Dev i dont think he would be showing up if he didnt think he had a shot-we all know he swore he would never come back ,really hope he pulls one out of the box too...

It could be a bonus-thing.

Anyway: A friend pitched this dream scenario to me and I like it:
Quote:
At the swim and bike, the usual suspects show their cards. Sebi, Jan and all the other favourites destroy each other on the bike and suddenly, halfway through the Marathon two veteran heroes emerge out of the rubble:
Marino vs. Andy Raelert!
Both spectacularly successful everywhere else, but dramatically denied the big prize on the big island so far.
Both close to giving up hope multiple times - and now beginning what will become the battle ultimately defining their Kona-careers as failures or success!
Last-Chance-Iron-War2015!
Tune in October 10th. You'll see it happen....

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: Marino is in for kona ! [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yessss ! love it
Quote Reply
Re: Marino is in for kona ! [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love it too! Raelert and Marino are definitely sentimental favourites, i hope both are at the pointy end
Wish Timo , Al Sultan and Alexander were racing too!
Nothing like having the golden "oldies" back
Quote Reply