Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mad Cycling Skills at the Giro
Quote | Reply
Just watching the Cyclysm Sunday coverage (DVR'd) for the Giro and am amazed at the mad skills of Di Luca & the leader group - while navigating uphill turns, he's rinsing his glasses and putting on his wind jacket for the descent with no interruption of his cadence or lead. 'Look Ma, no hands!' They're all quite impressive!

Simply amazing!
Quote Reply
Re: Mad Cycling Skills at the Giro [Trichiquita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about the descending???!!! Holy cow those guys let it rip. And they do it with motorcycles and other riders and spectators and team cars all around. And you know they can't know every twist and turn of every road the way we may know our local climbs. Sure, they know some ... but surely not all. They take enormous risks.

Bob C.

The "science" on any matter can never be settled until every possible variable is taken into account.
Quote Reply
Re: Mad Cycling Skills at the Giro [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The motorbikes are especially helpful to the pros, as they can follow the line taken by the moto, or another rider. Gotta trust that they get it right though. If I tried that I'd wind up in a ravine.

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply