Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung Team Edition S5 Special Edition
Quote | Reply
Didn't see it posted anywhere on here so I thought I'd share. What are the thoughts on the looks of the MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung Team Edition S5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5c1iYl9X2o

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: cshowe80: Jul 2, 15 19:42
Quote Reply
Re: MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung Team Edition S5 Special Edition [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it sure looks African.

No thanks...

2014 P3 DI2 - RT6, CXR80, Power2Max S, 820, Fenix 3 HR. (gone)
Quote Reply
Re: MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung Team Edition S5 Special Edition [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty awesome, I like the P5 as well, except for the yellow seatpost and coloured chain. A yellow saddle to match the bar tape would have been enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the paint scheme works by far the best of the P5 in part because of the addition of the stripes on the bars (http://www.teammtnqhubeka.com/?p=9363). I briefly rode with part of the MTN team on a training when they were doing a recce of the Tour de Yorkshire and their matte black S5s were understated but worked well with their white and black kit.
Quote Reply
Re: MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung Team Edition S5 Special Edition [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both bikes looks AWESOME!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike looks great, msrp looks...staggering.
Quote Reply
Re: MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung Team Edition S5 Special Edition [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's one of the best looking off the shelf paint schemes I've seen in the last few years. I did also like FVL P5 last year with that digital camo pixel scheme as well. I think it's apparent I like bright flashy colours even though both my steeds are "soul sucking" black

Good to see the first ever African team in the Tour de France as well. Finally somebody has organized and funded a team which will be tapping into a Continent with a lot of potential in endurance sport.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung Team Edition S5 Special Edition [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ouch $14.5k on the Cervelo site.

I don't know how a bicycle can cost the same as this,

http://www.ducatiusa.com/bikes/superbike/899_panigale/index.do

or this,
http://www.ford.com/cars/fiesta/

Quote Reply
Re: MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung Team Edition S5 Special Edition [Jmath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You obviously must not have looked at the RCA, R5CA, Pinarello, or other such bikes. But yes it is absolutely mind boggling.
Quote Reply
Re: MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung Team Edition S5 Special Edition [Jmath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shows up as $12,500 here.

Quote Reply
Re: MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung Team Edition S5 Special Edition [Vman455] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking at the Canadian website, looks like they are still treating us decent with the exchange rate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just glad Cervelo is finally making a bike that matches their team colors. For some odd reason, it always drove me crazy that Garmin rode stock colors that didn't match their kits at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In that case, you can buy a Fiesta for significantly less than the Cervelo--$11,213CAD starting.
Quote Reply
Re: MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung Team Edition S5 Special Edition [Vman455] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vman455 wrote:

Too be fair, it does come with ENVE wheels and a power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung Team Edition S5 Special Edition [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
Vman455 wrote:

Too be fair, it does come with ENVE wheels and a power meter.

Well half of a power meter.
Quote Reply