Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Luxembourg's (and the world's) fastest Junior time trialist
Quote | Reply

He won the Junior UCI World's today TT. Congratulations also to Lawson Craddock from Houston, Texas (who rides for HotTubes) for his third place.

With a 42.6 kph average speed, it seems that the course was not flat at all.

I can clearly recognize the bike (congratulations to Cervélo) but not the aerobars.

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Last edited by: Sergio Escutia: Aug 6, 10 17:05
Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) greatest time trialist [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like PRO aerobars. I can just BARELY make out the PRO logo. That makes sense as well given the profile and stack height...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) greatest time trialist [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Looks like PRO aerobars. I can just BARELY make out the PRO logo. That makes sense as well given the profile and stack height...

I finally found better pic and... It does looks like a PRO as you mentioned.

Sergio

Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Last edited by: Sergio Escutia: Aug 6, 10 17:37
Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) fastest Junior time trialist [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, wrinkles in the skinsuit, exposed vents on the helmet, round bottle on the DT, what direction is that rear skewer pointing!?! And needs a Hooker front brake if he wants to roll with the big boyz.

When are these kids gonna learn?

;>)

Thanks for posting stuff like this. Seriously.
Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) fastest Junior time trialist [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the same, but then I saw also the wrinkles on his left leg. ;-)

He has the power and he will learn, rest assured. He will be on Andy's team pretty soon I guess.

Sergio

Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) fastest Junior time trialist [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the Elite aero bottle. Can't use the P4's bottle in a UCI event. The Elite bottle is the only aero bottle that fits in the cradle area. As for the front brake, the rear one sucks so badly that you need something up front with some genuine stopping power if you ever want to stop. As for the rest of it ... indeed! What's up with that?
Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) fastest Junior time trialist [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i believe cancellara rides with a normal waterbottle on the downtube
Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) greatest time trialist [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Sergio

I need to get out more...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) fastest Junior time trialist [xcrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cancellara doesn't ride a P4 ... at least not when anybody's watching.
Last edited by: psycholist: Aug 6, 10 19:23
Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) greatest time trialist [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Sergio

I need to get out more...

You will I am sure and God willing in good company. ;-)

Sergio

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummer that Lawson didn't get the gold. He has had a stellar year this year - some big wins in Europe, sweeping junior nationals, signing with Armstrong's U23 team.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is that a DT hub laced to that 808 rim? Not sure why I think that's interesting... but I do.
Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) greatest time trialist [bpq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
is that a DT hub laced to that 808 rim? Not sure why I think that's interesting... but I do.

Yeah. DT-Swiss 190.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Yeah. DT-Swiss 190.

You need to get out more...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Yeah. DT-Swiss 190.

Dude. Seriously? What, do you spend all your time reading trade mags? :D Take Tom A.'s advice...you need to get out more.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) greatest time trialist [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Yeah. DT-Swiss 190.

Dude. Seriously? What, do you spend all your time reading trade mags? :D Take Tom A.'s advice...you need to get out more.

John

I can't help it: "Occupation: Wikipedia"

Seriously, I just collect these sort of things in my brain. I look at that wheel, and I can tell you immediately from the shape and design of the hub that it's a DT-Swiss 190. In 2006 & 2007, I was part of the Timex team. Early Bontrager wheels had hubs made for Bontrager by DT-Swiss. So, when I got my first set of training wheels from the team, I wanted to know what exactly I was riding on. So I went and read about DT-Swiss. And now that I know it, I won't forget it. Probably ever. It has ended up being a bit of a running joke among my friends. Simon Whitfield dubbed me "Jordanpedia."

In all seriousness, as a primary example of how I collect these things, I'll do a google search for something. Then I'll read what seems relevant. But invariably, I'll end up following links to other links. And I just store this away in my brain. Like today, we are having a parade in town. Taking part in the parade was a group of Shriners. So I looked up what the Shriner's were. I discovered there were essentially a branch of Freemasons. So then i spent some time reading about Freemasons, which led me to reading about how they were persecuted in World War II. Which led to reading about Adolf Eichmann and the SS. Which in turn led to me reading about both the phrase "banality of evil" and also about the Israeli Moussad. I enjoy doing this sort of thing a great deal. And the data just seems to stick.

Come and take one of the FIST workshops. Throw out a stack or a reach number. And I'll tell you all of the bikes - in what size - that come close to fitting that stack & reach. From memory. Of course, this has very little useful or practical applications, but it's just who I am...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Seriously, I just collect these sort of things in my brain

I have uttered the above ocassionally, and heard others say similar, generally we share the common thread of being engineers.

Before being a full time Tri Pro, were you an engineer, if not, you missed your calling.

It's a good profession for those with absurd curiosity.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

In all seriousness, as a primary example of how I collect these things, I'll do a google search for something. Then I'll read what seems relevant. But invariably, I'll end up following links to other links. And I just store this away in my brain. Like today, we are having a parade in town. Taking part in the parade was a group of Shriners. So I looked up what the Shriner's were. I discovered there were essentially a branch of Freemasons. So then i spent some time reading about Freemasons, which led me to reading about how they were persecuted in World War II. Which led to reading about Adolf Eichmann and the SS. Which in turn led to me reading about both the phrase "banality of evil" and also about the Israeli Moussad. I enjoy doing this sort of thing a great deal. And the data just seems to stick.

Come and take one of the FIST workshops. Throw out a stack or a reach number. And I'll tell you all of the bikes - in what size - that come close to fitting that stack & reach. From memory. Of course, this has very little useful or practical applications, but it's just who I am...

I'm surprised you didn't get as far as the Knights Templar.

And, I'd love to take a FIST workshop. Maybe someday when I have more money than bills.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) fastest Junior time trialist [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
so...no more auto-win at the luxemborg TT championships for the schlecks next year?

Jungles had a great ride. He did 28.5 km in 40:05 which is 42.75 kph which is fast.

Andy in the final TT in the tour this year did the 52 km course in 1:07:10 which is 46.57 kph which is faster.

Jungles course was harder but Andy's course longer. I think Jungles will challenge the Schlecks in the TT but I don't think it will be next year. He will need some years under his belt before he reaches the elite level.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So how come with all these incredibly observant people around here no-one has noticed that the two bikes pictured are different bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) greatest time trialist [The Real Animal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So how come with all these incredibly observant people around here no-one has noticed that the two bikes pictured are different bikes?

Huh. yeah, they are. P4 with Zipps, and the other appears to be Orbea with Duraace.

John

Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) greatest time trialist [The Real Animal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, the two bikes pictured are different bikes! One's a P4 and the other is an Orbea!

;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Luxembourg's (and the world's) greatest time trialist [bufit323] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Seriously, I just collect these sort of things in my brain

I have uttered the above ocassionally, and heard others say similar, generally we share the common thread of being engineers.

Before being a full time Tri Pro, were you an engineer, if not, you missed your calling.

It's a good profession for those with absurd curiosity.

BSE, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Princeton 2002.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wapner at 4, Kmart sucks, I'm an excellent driver...........
Quote Reply

Prev Next