Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Low-tech energy supplement
Quote | Reply
When I was running at lunch time today I felt unusually sluggish. Then it dawned on me that I had not eaten my customary pre-workout/pre-race energy supplement - a roll of Smarties. I have been eating Smarties before working out/racing for about 15 years and I've noticed when I fail to eat them I usually don't feel my normally peppy self. Maybe I can get Smarties to let me do infomercials.

BTW, I have been getting increasingly slower over the last 10 years. At first I thought it was because they were using cheaper rubber in my racing flats. It just occurred to me, however, that, like other candy, a roll of Smarties has become increasingly smaller over the years. So that's probably why I have gotten slower.
Quote Reply
Re: Low-tech energy supplement [MPB1950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use smarties quite often in Ironman races. They travel well and are a great energy source and taste way better than gels.

Another good option before or after workouts is a slice of wheat bread with peanut butter and nutella. Again, much nicer than any prepackaged food.
Quote Reply
Re: Low-tech energy supplement [MPB1950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian smarties or American smarties? They are completely different... which I'm sure most people know...
Quote Reply
Re: Low-tech energy supplement [Lehmkuhler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Canadian smarties or American smarties? They are completely different... which I'm sure most people know...[/reply]

I really don't want to get into whether Americans are Smartier than Canadians since my best client is McCain Foods from Canada.
Quote Reply