Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for a website or shop that sells older mavic rims
Quote | Reply
Looking to buy some mavic gel 280 rims. either NOS or used but in buildable condition. something similar to them like the 330s or even ambrosios...anything realy light will do. Building up some climbing wheels, ebay seems to have run out of these, and sooner rather than later is desired. If anyone has any to sell, or knows of a webstore that sells them, or has a shop in socal OC area that they know has old school road stuff hanging in the back, please let me know. There don't seem to be any in the classified ads on slowtwitch either

Thanks,

tommy
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a website or shop that sells older mavic rims [Tommy Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Looking to buy some mavic gel 280 rims. either NOS or used but in buildable condition. something similar to them like the 330s or even ambrosios...anything realy light will do. Building up some climbing wheels, ebay seems to have run out of these, and sooner rather than later is desired. If anyone has any to sell, or knows of a webstore that sells them, or has a shop in socal OC area that they know has old school road stuff hanging in the back, please let me know. There don't seem to be any in the classified ads on slowtwitch either

I have a rear 330 built onto a White Industries Hub; the front mate was just cannibalized for the hub, but the rim is intact. Mavic GL330 rims, White Industries hubs, Vittoria PRO-TEAM Corsa CX 19 tubular tires glued on, 28 spoke front/32 rear, Shimano 8/9 speed. Incredibly light wheelset, perfectly true, excellent condition. I've raced on these, and I weigh >170 lbs, so they are strong, too. Original owner (built by Colorado Cyclist, never needed truing), never crashed. Tires are old (the wheels are now 11 years old), but the wheels have probably less than 300 miles on them.

Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a website or shop that sells older mavic rims [Tri Fold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a shame they don't make the GL330's any more. I've always regretted selling mine on ebay.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a website or shop that sells older mavic rims [Tri Fold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sent you a PM
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a website or shop that sells older mavic rims [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree...both the 280 and the 330 were great, even though the 280s were REALLY race only rims.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a website or shop that sells older mavic rims [Tommy Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a couple of 280s and 330s that I would be willing to sell - but, just curious - have you ever actually seen any of the test data on these rims? There is a reason they don't make them anymore...

- then again, ST consensus is that the 404 is a "bombproof training wheel," so maybe ya'all ride on different roads then I do...

PM me if you want the rims - NOS, btw, never built and true.

I also have a 280 front, 28 hole, built on to an AC 28 hole hub, tied and soldered. Really nice build, made it when I was building a lot of wheels. I haven't used it in a couple of years - mainly a track wheel for me.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 90% sure that the Yellow Jersey in Madison Wi (on State St) has some.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have some new GEL 280s and some new GL 330s as well. I've got some built ones and some used unlaced ones I'm eager to sell.

I live in So OC, CA.

Drop me a PM

-SD
Quote Reply