Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for Firefigher athletes
Quote | Reply
Hello Everyone. My name is Brendan Corcoran and I am a career firefighter and age-group triathlete. I have started a not for profit organization and endurance sports team, Team Firefighter. Team Firefighter is looking for aspiring or current firefighter athletes. Whether you are looking to run your first 5k or do an Ironman Triathlon, join Team Firefighter today and represent Firefighters nationwide.

If you are not a firefighter please help us by making a donation, big or small. By improving the health and fitness of firefighters, you will save the lives of firefighters and those they are there to protect, you and your community.

Over 50% of on duty deaths for firefighters is due to heart attacks and we want to change this statistic. Some of these deaths are due to heart disease and others due to severe dehydration/electrolyte imbalance in conjuction with extreme physical stress during structure fires or other emergencies. We feel that both of these could potentially be prevented with regular fitness programs and knowledge of nutrition, hydration and electrolyte replacement.

Team Firefighter’s goal is to improve the health and safety of Firefighters by supporting personal fitness programs and encouraging participation in competitive sports. We plan to provide a supportive training environment, training programs, discounted fitness products and equipment donations to firehouses.

Visit www.teamfirefighter.com to learn more and sign up or make a donation. Contact Brendan Corcoran at info@teamfirefighter.com with any further questions.
Quote Reply
New article and study on firefighter heart attacks and no registration fee for members [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a quick update, any firefighters considering joining please do so now. The registration fee has been temporarily suspended in order to bolster our numbers and help obtain sponsorship. Also for all please read this article and study which outlines the health crisis among firefighters. Thank you.
http://health.talk.newsweek.com/default.asp?item=534544
Quote Reply