Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for A 70.3 in september.
Quote | Reply
My fellow Slowtwitch friends,

I have run across a major change in my summer plans. I had a race planned for the weekend of August 16th, before I realized I have to go to a wedding that weekend. I have been training for a 70.3 and would like to find a race I can replace. I'm looking for a race in September. I live in Michigan, so I would like to find a race in the midwest. The only one I have come across is Challenge Cedar Point. Anyone have any other ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for A 70.3 in september. [gallagda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MultiSport Canada puts on a race that goes from Welland, Ontario and finishes at Niagara Falls. I did the swim and bike last year so missed the best part of the race where you run past the falls. Might not be to bad of a drive depending on where in Michigan you are.

http://niagarafallstriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for A 70.3 in september. [A vdLinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a fun race! Its about 5 and a half hours from me which isn't too horrible. How do the logistics work exactly with having two transition areas? Does it run fairly smoothly?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
30 Aug in Duluth Mn. Superiorman

http://superiormantri.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for A 70.3 in september. [A vdLinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it flat?

A vdLinden wrote:
MultiSport Canada puts on a race that goes from Welland, Ontario and finishes at Niagara Falls. I did the swim and bike last year so missed the best part of the race where you run past the falls. Might not be to bad of a drive depending on where in Michigan you are.

http://niagarafallstriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then you have to do Savageman! Sept 20th.

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for A 70.3 in september. [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Savageman is not 70.3 miles....

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for A 70.3 in september. [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:

You're right. It's 70.0. The bike course is 55.7 miles long instead of 56. Maybe a great course for a PR!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for A 70.3 in september. [kcb203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kcb203 wrote:
japarker24 wrote:

You're right. It's 70.0. The bike course is 55.7 miles long instead of 56. Maybe a great course for a PR!
Yeah, and guaranteed the most painful PR! This is one of my bucket list races, hopefully next year.

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on Cedar Point
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for A 70.3 in september. [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would suggest Redman in OKC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gallagda wrote:
Looks like a fun race! Its about 5 and a half hours from me which isn't too horrible. How do the logistics work exactly with having two transition areas? Does it run fairly smoothly?

It's a great race, highly recommend it! I had no issues with the two transitions at all, everything was very well organized.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about the Niagara Barrelman: www.niagarafallstriathlon.com

I heard it was a really fantastic event last year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it need to be September? Michigan Titanium in at the end of August and is a great race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Things went super smooth last year. If you have family or friends with you they can actually drive you to Welland in the morning and you can rack your bike in the morning and set up t1, but if not you just rack your bike overnight and there was a shuttle from Niagara Falls to Welland. For T2 you put your running shoes, race belt, and anything else you need in a plastic bag (with your number) in t1. They then transported all the bags to t2. T1 and T2 were set up exactly the same with everyone having an assigned spot based on bib number, so when you dismounted your bike you would run to the rack and your bag would be waiting for you. The swim is at the same location they are using for the rowing in the pan-am games so very little chance of any chop and the bike is basically pancake flat. The run has a short steep hill that you have to run up both laps, but overall a very fast course especially with favourable winds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Border Wars Triathlon Half is the first Sunday in October. Maybe that would work? It's in Alton, IL (just outside Saint Louis, MO). It's pancake flat and fast. I did it last year and enjoyed it so much I'm going back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As few others have suggested - check out the Barrelman in Niagara Falls(CAN) - http://niagarafallstriathlon.com/

In addition to being a great race, you'll save 20% on EVERYTHING in Canada, including your entry! :)

I was talking to a several triathletes from the Buffalo Triathlon Club who took part in the Rose City 1/2 Iron event (Welland, ON) also run by Multisports Canada, and they said that event was the, "best organized triathlon race we've ever done"!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't mind a 14 (or so) hour drive, there is a 70.3 race in Ridgeland, Mississippi on October 4th.

www.ryanman.com

This is it's inaugural year so I can't advise for or against it for any who are interested.

The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die. -Steve Prefontaine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Border Wars in Alton IL is first weekend in Oct. Bike is stupid flat, I think I had 300 ft of climbing over the 56 miles and most of that was over the river bridge. The run is along the levee, so its a hill to get to the top of the levee and then flat.

It was very well run last year, especially considering its was it's first year.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for A 70.3 in september. [MDSICT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MDSICT wrote:
I would suggest Redman in OKC.

+1 Redman is a great race!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for A 70.3 in september. [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The U.S. dollar is now approximately worth 30% more. Barrelman is an even better deal if you are coming from the U.S.

John Salt, Founder - MultiSport Canada
Canada's Largest Triathlon Series and Barrelman Niagara Falls
http://www.multisportcanada.com / http://www.niagarafallstriathlon.com
"Discipline Is What You Do When No One Is Watching You"
Last edited by: John Salt: Jul 20, 15 11:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Square Lake Tri would be an option if you want to head to MN 9/13. Stillwater is just east of Minneapolis/St Paul.

http://www.frontrunnerusa.com/...n-long-course-sunday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A second vote for Redman in Oklahoma City. This year it is the qualifier for ITU Long Course Worlds which will be held in Oklahoma City next year.
Quote Reply