Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Longhorn 1/2 Iron distance
Quote | Reply
Looking to do my first 1/2 this year and I was targeting the Longhorn 1/2 Iron in October. Looking for any advice on this race pros or cons. Good first choice or not. I wanted something later in the year vs. the May / June time frame since I will be doing some of my favorite Oly during that time.
Quote Reply
Re: Longhorn 1/2 Iron distance [tridawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One caveat...I'm the RD, so take it for what it's worth.....This race is going to rock! I'm fully convinced that this will be THE late season race to do, outside of Kona. The bike course is fantastic, the park is great. We've got live entertainment, maybe a few cheerleaders on course:), a solar powered stage hosting great Austin musicians all day...About to announce a great Sunday night party at Scholz Garten in downtown Austin, in their outdoor biergarten. Very good stuff....

It's going to be a uniquely Austin event, with Austin food, musicians, and more....Our goal is to make this Timberman-esque, with every amenity....
Quote Reply
Re: Longhorn 1/2 Iron distance [KJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds great. Any info regarding the run course. I chose this over another b/c of Austin.

Looking forward to the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KJ, Are you guys going to post the registration list anytime soon? I want to do this race since I am from Texas originally but am stationed in San Diego and it's an awesome reason to go home. How many spots are left for the 1/2?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are still about 400 slots left...You've got some time!

For the run...It's a 2 loop run, with about 4.5 miles of each loop entirely in the Park. Lots of it on dirt/grass roads within the park. Nice on the knees...Then, there will be a portion outside the park, running over to the Travis County Expo Center. Mostly slight rollers, with 1 good hill on each loop.
Quote Reply