Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Local Time Trial - Tallahassee, Florida
Quote | Reply
I've been putting on a 10k TT every other Thursday evening in August down Old Plank Road. Four things: 1) I'm moving the race over to the prison at that 2 mile circuit just off of Commerce Blvd. 2) No tri-ath-a-letes have shown as much as an aerobar. The fastest guy is a 51 yo roadie/trackie dude. Certainly you guys are faster than him? 3) The next race is next Thursday, September 8th. First rider off at 7pm. Get there early to sign up so that I can work out the seeding. 3 laps for just over 10k distance. No entry fee - it's just for fun. 4) The race will not be held if I ship out to New Orleans to volunteer with the rescue/rebuilding effort.

C-ya.
Quote Reply
Re: Local Time Trial - Tallahassee, Florida [180cranks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump for daytime peeps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are some other dates, I know some guys who will do it. We have a race Sat. 9/10, so can't do it this coming thurs. I hope you have some more planned! thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how do you go volunteer. are you part of a unit or group or just want to go? i'm curious

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
Quote Reply
Re: Local Time Trial - Tallahassee, Florida [Local Star] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are volunteering thru the Red Cross. You fill out an application with your skills and such, turn it in and wait for the call. I doubt that you could, or should, just show up at ground zero. There are most likely many different relief orgs and groups that you could join up with. You could start with the Red Cross or your church and work out from there. I believe that the Red Cross is asking for a minimum of a 3 week commitment. Being self-employed in a caring field, this will not be a problem for me to do. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what if i don't have any medical skills? hmm. i'm a good listener and talker :) i can pass out supplies...go in a boat and stuff....hmm think theyd take me? i just wanna help ya know?

Quote Reply
Re: Local Time Trial - Tallahassee, Florida [Race Bannon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as I'm in town and it's not raining cats and dogs, this is the tentative schedule: Sept 8th, Sept 22nd, Oct 6th, and Oct 20th. Currently start time is 7 pm, but I will roll that back to 6:45 probably for the 2nd Sept race.

You know where it is, right? Right here! -> http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=30.260921,-84.222221&spn=0.017255,0.030740&hl=en The inner loop off of Commerce.
Quote Reply
Re: Local Time Trial - Tallahassee, Florida [Local Star] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure that all you need to volunteer and to be valuable is the desire to help in whatever capacity they need you for. My wife is a CPA, but she sure isn't going to audit anyone's books! As a massage therapist I imagine that I could be useful in tending to the emergency management staff, as they'll be working 24/7 and stressed to the gills. When Ivan came thru town a year ago on top of Charley and Frances, I volunteered over at the Florida emergency management headquarters doing seated massage. Those people had been working for almost a month straight, 3 hurricanes in a row, trying to keep things under control in Florida and they were whupped. Giving them a quality 15 minutes in the chair allowed them to go back to work with a boost and keep on hammerin'.

Whatever you can do, I encourage you and any others to contribute. If you can't help personally, then a small donation to a competent relief organization (where the majority of the money gets to the people in need, not the administration of the org) would be great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
printing out my application now!

Quote Reply