Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Let me know when it's time to start freaking out about the Lake Placid weather forecast...
Quote | Reply
Right now, things don't look too bad. Accuweather is calling for sunny and 71.
Last edited by: tiptopshop: Jul 13, 14 4:51
Quote Reply
Re: Let me know when it's time to start freaking out about the Lake Placid weather forecast... [tiptopshop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
72 hours before the event.

Anything beyond that is just meteorologuessing.

A week before you can be aware of major systems that may or may not come into play, but the fine tuning doesn't start until the 72 hour window.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Swim. Bike. Run. Repeat as necessary.
Welcome to the Church of Briantriology!
Quote Reply
Re: Let me know when it's time to start freaking out about the Lake Placid weather forecast... [tiptopshop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just assume it will either be in the 50's with strong wind and torrential rain or high humidity in the 90's. That way anything in between is a welcome relief.

-----------------
Dale Stephanos (Formerly PappaD)

Quote Reply
Re: Let me know when it's time to start freaking out about the Lake Placid weather forecast... [TonyStark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After Lake Tahoe, how hard could Lake Placid be?

ps - have done LP twice...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tiptopshop wrote:
Right now, things don't look too bad. Accuweather is calling for sunny and 71.

Honestly? The morning of the race, maybe the day before to get your clothes right. Why worry about stuff that you no control over?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should still pack pretty much everything you own. You never can tell with that race.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Let me know when it's time to start freaking out about the Lake Placid weather forecast... [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
You should still pack pretty much everything you own. You never can tell with that race.

In '11, I was on the bus taking us to the TA, when the announcement came over about no wetsuits.
We literally didn't know "officially" until that am.

As for any other weather-realted worrying - why bother?
The most recent monsoon year had a forecast of "30% chance of rain".

I've seen LP go from cold and rainy to warm and sunny in the blink of an eye. And vice versa too.
Bring everything.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply