Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lehigh Valley Velodrome Flea Market
Quote | Reply
Lehigh, PA, This Saturday, Oct 1, 9am to 2pm, Admission $5

I'm thinking about taking a 2 hr drive down to the flea market on Sat. Has anyone ever been? Is it all track bike stuff?

Went to the track for the first time this past summer. It was a blast. All the strategy of a 4 hr TDF stage in a 10 minute race and you can see it all.
If you're in the area, might want to visit when racing starts again in the Spring.

Trader
Quote Reply
Re: Lehigh Valley Velodrome Flea Market [trader728] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trader,

There is so much more than just track stuff at the fall flea market. Basically anyone can set up a table by paying a fee. A lot of people sell some used stuff like wheels, frames, components. Also, there are bike shops that set up stuff too. They sell bikes at discounted prices and a lot of other stuff. Also, these spots have so much clothing and it's usually at good prices. The velo is like 15 minutes from my house and I'm going to go just to get some new clothes for the winter. I would suggest going. It should be worth the drive for you. Also, there is good riding around the area.
Quote Reply
Re: Lehigh Valley Velodrome Flea Market [marsteller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly what I'm looking for. In that case, I will come prepared to buy a couple wheels for an old beater that's been in the garage for a couple years with a tacoed rear wheel.

Thanks!

Trader
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nuts! I'm leaving Saturday. I understand they do it in the spring, too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Lehigh Valley Velodrome Flea Market [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's in April (or May, I can't remember). Always a good time and worth a day trip. It's a great way to pick up some spare parts too, but you might have to dig around.

I don't think I've bought any cycling clothes the last three years anywhere else because there's always a done of stuff on sale there with the retailers cleaning out NOS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a great show. In fact I am leaving in 1 hr for it. I live in Denver and fly to swap meets all over the country to buy stuff for our busniess (http://tristuff4less.com) . I have been to them all: All the velo expos, several swap meets in the San Francisco bay area, etc. This is one of the best shows around. Granted, I am looking to buy in large quantities from vendors so I am not necessarily in the same market as you might be. Usually after I have bought the stuff for the busniess (mostly clothing) I start looking for myself. I have found that of all the swap meets in the country, this one has the best deals on bikes and frames. Unfortunately, they are a bugger to ship back to Denver so I haven't bought one from there yet--though I have been tempted. Definitely a must go. If you go stop by the Beacon Cycling booth and ask for me. (Jon Bergmann) I know the owner and I tend to make that my home base.

Jon Bergmann
http://jonbergmann.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a nice little bike shop across the street, I think it's called The Bike Shop. It's worth popping nto, they seem to cater to track riders.
Quote Reply