Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lebron James buys Cannondale!
Quote | Reply
Or at least part of it .........
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/

That is all the paragraph mentions though

JAMES GANG:
Cavaliers F LEBRON JAMES, through his King James Inc. investment company, has acquired an undisclosed ownership stake in Cannondale Bicycle Corp (Cavs).

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lebron James buys Cannondale! [Red Devil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yet another reason not to buy a cannondale. Next thing you know, shaq will buy stock in trek or cervelo.

"ah-hem...the time is yours."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't that mean he also bought into Sugoi and Diadora?

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: Lebron James buys Cannondale! [stevezelinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
yet another reason not to buy a cannondale. Next thing you know, shaq will buy stock in trek or cervelo.
I'm curious: regardless of the other reasons, why do you think this is another reason not to buy a C'dale?
Quote Reply
Re: Lebron James buys Cannondale! [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One would have to assume so--

Wouldn't that conflict with his Nike contract?
Last edited by: cdanrun: Mar 26, 07 11:40
Quote Reply
Re: Lebron James buys Cannondale! [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First of all his seat is way to high

But here is a Link, it looks like he has done some really good work with kids and bikes.

Edit: actually it looks like his seat is to low, but I think if it went any higher he would get a nosebleed.

Mike

Last edited by: TRIDOC: Mar 26, 07 11:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm glad to see an athlete doing something more constructive with his millions...better than hookers and blow like some other athletes!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Re: Lebron James buys Cannondale! [stevezelinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo is a prime acquisition target, BTW. One of the fastest growing Canadian companies with an excellent product line, that needs no creative marketing to sell. I mean it's not very often that people are willing to wait for several months in order to get something. With the unusually large amount of venture capital currently sitting on the sidelines... I bet a lot of hyenas are trying to get a piece of the action. I wonder when Vroomen & White will get sick with the daily chores of running a business (and dealing with people's BS such as on this forum) and opt for owning, like, CAD 50 MM each instead. I'm sure somebody will still be willing to give them a ride in their team car for the duration of the TdF...just for the sake of the old times and for being nice (rich) guys.

Then a lot of you will get more exciting paint jobs from Cervelos but not much anything else.

Nick.
Quote Reply
Re: Lebron James buys Cannondale! [TRIDOC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tight lycra shorts will soon be a thing of the past.

Re: Lebron James buys Cannondale! [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Re: Lebron James buys Cannondale! [TRIDOC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've heard the same... he's done a lot of charity work in Akron to get bikes to inner-city kids. He's very popular in the community - the same community he grew up in. Sounds like a great thing to me!

I think it's great that an NBA player would take an interest in the bike world and hopefully will help to make biking more accessible to everyone, and therefore make cyclists a more common feature on the roads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I'm curious: regardless of the other reasons, why do you think this is another reason not to buy a C'dale?

Didn't Shaq get a custom C-dales a few years back?

--Roberto

Representing:
De Soto Clothing
Marin Bicycles
Chariot Carriers
Karhu Skis
Kayland Boots
Nemo Tents
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm curious too. Why this knee-jerk reaction and generalization that just because a professional athlete has ownership in a company, we should not buy? I especially ask this question specifically in terms of LBJ who has a history of bike riding promotion in his hometown.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sweet. maybe he'll be in favor of designing a pimped out silver and pink frame for his lady friends...which of course would be available for the rest of the general womens market.

i hope there is one with silver stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironically, last year C-dale built Lebron custom frames with 24K gold leaf "King James" decals.

-Pete S.

Long Standing Champion of the Training Trifecta
Quote Reply
Re: Lebron James buys Cannondale! [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm glad to see an athlete doing something more constructive with his millions...better than hookers and blow like some other athletes!

Bite your tounge man! Nothing is more worthwhile than hookers and blow!!

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Lebron James buys Cannondale! [gienopes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look what happened to Nike. Once a fine running shoe company then they decided to hook up with the NBA hip hop theme. Now they suck.

Re: Lebron James buys Cannondale! [RogueClimber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My old LBS in SoCal, Edge Cyclesports, did a custom Ti job for Karl Malone. I can't remember which brand it was...either IF, Seven, or Serotta. The thing was frickin' monster-huge!!!

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, what happened to Nike? They signed Michael Jordan when Adidas thought he had no potential, and for as much as you might think they "suck," not only do I know several serious runners, my wife included, who still swear by their running shoes, but also Nike offers a whole lot more than "the NBA hip hop theme." Basketball is certainly one of their mainstays, but definitely not their only market. While Nike may no longer cater to the discerning tastes and biases of niche market athletes, they certainly provide some decent (and even sometimes innovative) gear to the average exerciser and health club member. I would lump Nike in with Gatordade and now LeBron - they make being healthy and active, working hard and trying, seem not only "cool" but attainable, and that is one of the seeds out of which future STers might eventually grow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Yeah, what happened to Nike... that is one of the seeds out of which future STers might eventually grow."

Damn right, and well said.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interestingly, golf is Nike's biggest market.
Quote Reply