Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Leaning a lot towards a side in IM finish pixs
Quote | Reply
I finally got around to looking at my finishing pictures from IM Arizona this year. Also saw the video. I am leaning a major amount to my right side. I had no idea when I was racing.

Does this meaning anything? I am now in my 50s and my cousin just sufferred a stroke and we are two days different in age.

This is something new and looking at previous finish pictures were not the same. But last year I finished race with a broken foot so I was not pushing at all at the end. The year before I did not push nearly as hard as I did this year. at the end of race.
Quote Reply
Re: Leaning a lot towards a side in IM finish pixs [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You see that a lot, especially later in the night with the 14+ hr crowd. You're basically toast at that point. For the majority the duration of the race has outlasted their fitness.

I'd be more worried about a TIA/stroke if you notice that when walking the dog or vacuuming, or if you have slurred speech etc.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Leaning a lot towards a side in IM finish pixs [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I would think if you are 14 hours you would not be leaning as you would still be pretty fresh.
Quote Reply
Re: Leaning a lot towards a side in IM finish pixs [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Common sign of fatigue. No matter what the distance it's more likely happening to the people that have been out there longer. A good core/functional strength routine can help prolong that from happening as it'll make your body more efficient in muscle contractions throughout the race.
Quote Reply