Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Latex tube install question
Quote | Reply
I'm using latex tubes for the first time in combo with the conti gp4000s tires. I want to make sure that all goes right the first time. I have a race this next weekend and want to use this new setup, but be reliable too.

My rim currently has ritchey nylon tape installed and it is 2 years old, but is still in good condition. I also have new cloth velox tape, should I install the velox over the ritchey or completely remove ritchey? or should I keep the ritchey on there? So, tips are needed.
Quote Reply
Re: Latex tube install question [tomspharmacy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as all the spoke holes are fully covered, you should be ok.

Sometimes rim tape can move around a little bit, so it is good to be sure the rim tape is covering all the holes with room to spare.

The main thing after you get the tube in and the tire on, inflate a tiny bit of air then do this:

Around the entire rim, both sides, to be sure no tube is peeking out before you inflate fully.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Latex tube install question [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran my finger around, the tape is in good condition and no sharp edges. I read that talc power or corn starch helps too? I have corn starch in the cabinet.
Quote Reply
Re: Latex tube install question [tomspharmacy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah some of us have the theory that as the latex tube deflates sometimes it sticks to the rim tape scrunching it up. talc powder would help keep it from sticking.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply