Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lap Pool Recommendations in Minneapolis
Quote | Reply
Hey Slowtwitch, Family,

I've got a work week in Minneapolis (Brooklyn Center, Columbia Heights, Fridley area more specifically) coming up (early Jan.) that I'm behind on booking travel for. It would be perfect to find a hotel w/a lap pool, even if it was closer to downtown (commute north from downtown in the AM, if needed) wouldn't be horrid. Or, if there's a good lap pool in the area I noted, that might be better. Any locals, or experienced Tri/swim business travelers have any insight/recommendations you could help me with? I suck in the water and would like to stay in swim training mode as much as I can.

Thanks!!!
MD
Quote Reply
Re: Lap Pool Recommendations in Minneapolis [mdana87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://Www.swimmersguide.com. Worldwide pool directory. Find one near where you are, double check via their website and call if necessary. I use this all the time for business travel. I try to find a pool first then look for nearby hotels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know there is a Lifetime Fitness in Fridley, as well as one in coon rapids and Anoka which are both near Brooklyn Park. Actually, there may be 20 Lifetime Fitness gyms up there and they all have pools so it shouldn’t be a problem to find one near a hotel next to where you’ll need to be for work.
Quote Reply
Re: Lap Pool Recommendations in Minneapolis [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you both for the info!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plenty of YMCA out there with decent pools
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good suggestions above.

I used to travel 3 weeks/month, I'd get on the phone looking for community centers that have swim teams. Go online, then call to verify hours, cost, etc. I've found some awesome places around the country. The advice above about pool first then hotel is good, if you can.

I grew up in Minneapolis, most suburbs DO have community centers with pools. Guest fees aren't bad either. Lifetime will be expensive, IF they let in in at all.
Pretty sure Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center will have a pool. Maple Grove does for sure.
maplegrovemn.gov

Enjoy the journey

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brooklyn Center has a 50 m. pool. Not sure how easy or cheap drop in will be at lifetime. Most community centers allow for drop in, I swam at the Shoreview one last week. They have a nice gym too. Most of the YMCAs there don't allow drop in. Maplewood is the only one I know of that does and it's on the other side of the metro area you'll be on.

Professional interests in Genomics, Bioinformatics, Hardware/Software interfaces, sports interests are running from 800 to half marathon, sprint tri to half iron, cycling road races

https://brave.com/ - A safer and faster way to browse the web
https://www.strava.com/athletes/3757906
Quote Reply