Lance: it goes from bad to worse...
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: it goes from bad to worse... [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: it goes from bad to worse... [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still think that it would have been in his best interest to have kept his fool mouth shut. The Oprah thing will be his complete undoing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No way I'm a Lance apologist, but I've got to agree ... How was there anything but benefit to the USPS?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It dramatically ups the ante as while Landis just wants money and likely would not be too hard to buy off, the DoJ may take this on as a mission to get to the bottom of doping in cycling and refuse to settle early. Lance is not getting out of this without testifying under oath. While the end result may not end up being too much different, the "this sucks and I wish it would end" factor just went up for Lance.

But, Lance approaches lawyers like he did doping doctors. He has the best. Getting sued by the US Government sucks but its not quite as bad as it could be if you have $100,000,000 to fight back with. Lance actually has some good legal and factual arguments on the specific allegations that he personally defrauded the US Postal Service, and if so, by much $$ and his legal team will advance those arguments very effectively.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: it goes from bad to worse... [STP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think the DoJ gives a rat's patootie about doping in cycling and sure as hell aren't interested in getting to the "bottom of doping" in it. The best I can figure is that the Feds see something of a slamdunk case after the fiascos of Bonds, Clemens and the original LA investigation.

The Feds joining the suit significantly ups the ante and increases the likelihood of a settlement (and subsequent payout for Flandis)...

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they go after lance, whoopee! wall street business as usual. what a farce the doj is.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: it goes from bad to worse... [STP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you think Lance can't get out of this without testifying under oath? Why wouldn't the 5th amendment apply to him?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't Donald Trump sued the NFL and win $3. I suspect this might be the outcome of for the gov't.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: it goes from bad to worse... [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

OP's thread got more comments, so it wins.

Re: Lance: it goes from bad to worse... [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it's a farce for the DOJ to prosecute a contracted athlete for defrauding the government (and thus taxpayers), because this is "Wall Street business as usual"? Is this one of those posts designed to convey they idea that you're, like, *so* unimpressed with everything -- i.e., the 13-year-old girl model of argumentation -- or do you actually have a point that isn't worth your time to make?

--
Follow my endurance sport antics and ruminations on my blog, http://www.rememberingjaron.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: it goes from bad to worse... [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bobby11 wrote:
No way I'm a Lance apologist, but I've got to agree ... How was there anything but benefit to the USPS?

Do you really think sponsors of pro cycling teams so easily get their money's worth? If that were the case, you'd think sponsors would be lining up. The fact that they're not is not just a new thing. Teams have often struggled over the years to find sponsorship.

That's not to say that USPS didn't get a return on its investment. Just that I don't think it's that clear a case.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jail time...
Quote Reply
over it. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I was looking at out the window this afternoon and I saw a few cars drive past my house. I think the grass is starting become a little greener over by the fence. My dogs were playing in the mud as the ground began to soften. The ducks aren't quite sure if they too want fly south or north so they continue to quack in a field. I would assume that the Punxsutawney Phil won't see his shadow this year?
Last edited by: Tri or Die: Feb 22, 13 11:12
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: it goes from bad to worse... [dwtaaffe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
point is doj should be going after wall st for the financial meltown. where was doj when fed prosecutor bailed last year? they have to get a confession on oprah to go after the guy? gimme break.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: it goes from bad to worse... [dwtaaffe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, he simply pointed out that the crooks who defrauded the entire country in the 2007 economic meltdown walk free, and rich. Or are you, like, one of these apologists for AIG?

dwtaaffe wrote:
So it's a farce for the DOJ to prosecute a contracted athlete for defrauding the government (and thus taxpayers), because this is "Wall Street business as usual"? Is this one of those posts designed to convey they idea that you're, like, *so* unimpressed with everything -- i.e., the 13-year-old girl model of argumentation -- or do you actually have a point that isn't worth your time to make?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: it goes from bad to worse... [Green Barf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, I see. If I think it justified to go after Lance, I am an apologist for AIG. Y'all are kicking ass here, keep it up. :-)

--
Follow my endurance sport antics and ruminations on my blog, http://www.rememberingjaron.com.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Green Barf wrote:
No, he simply pointed out that the crooks who defrauded the entire country in the 2007 economic meltdown walk free, and rich. Or are you, like, one of these apologists for AIG?

In other words you know NOTHING about AIG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Green Barf wrote:

Maybe those crooks were smart enough not to shit on their co-conspirators.
Quote Reply
Re: over it. [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No snow?
Quote Reply
Re: over it. [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah. We have been getting plenty of rain in the Mid-Atlantic area, but no snow. When it's warm it rains, and when it's cold it blows northwest hard. Training isn't easy, but it's not like we can't bundle up and go ride in the cold. Its better for mountain biking this time of the year!
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: it goes from bad to worse... [TaxAdvantage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TaxAdvantage wrote:

OP's thread got more comments, so it wins.

The problem with the other thread is it didn't have "Lance" in the title, thus ensuring fewer views.
Quote Reply
Re: over it. [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri or Die wrote:
So I was looking at out the window this afternoon and I saw a few cars drive past my house. I think the grass is starting become a little greener over by the fence. My dogs were playing in the mud as the ground began to soften. The ducks aren't quite sure if they too want fly south or north so they continue to quack in a field. I would assume that the Punxsutawney Phil won't see his shadow this year?

Exactly! Move along, folks, NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply

Prev Next