Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake Tahoe Oly
Quote | Reply
Anybody headed out to Tahoe this weekend to race the Oly, Sprint, or Half? Our first time doing this race, but we did Donner last year and loved it. My fiance also did IMLT last year so we really enjoy the area.

I just heard The Donald will be in South Lake Tahoe on Friday, no word yet on if he is racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Tahoe Oly [milkman1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milkman1982 wrote:
Anybody headed out to Tahoe this weekend to race the Oly, Sprint, or Half? Our first time doing this race, but we did Donner last year and loved it. My fiance also did IMLT last year so we really enjoy the area.

I just heard The Donald will be in South Lake Tahoe on Friday, no word yet on if he is racing.

I was thinking about doing it for the first time this year, but am trying to recover from an ankle injury. Looks like an amazing location to race in.

Donner was great again this year.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Tahoe Oly [milkman1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm doing the Oly and cheering my friends on in the Sprint. I haven't done it before but I'm excited!
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Tahoe Oly [alexabbas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By the way, could folks that have done this race before please comment on the course? How are the grades and curves on the bike course? What's the run course like, is it smarter to use trail running shoes instead of road running shoes? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Tahoe Oly [alexabbas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike course has a few sections that were technical (hairpin turns), and is open to traffic. A bit of extra caution is all that's necessary. Go to any athlete briefing to get the latest conditions. Last year there was construction, but I don't recall it being too bad. Hills, yes, but not terribly steep, just a few long climbs. Thankfully the traffic doesn't increase until later in the day, as the section near Emerald Bay is stunning but can be challenging to ride with all of the cars driving and parked along the side of the road (I think riders doing the HIM have to deal with that).

Run is mostly flat, on a combination of paved trail and cross country skiing trail. Not technical at all. I wore trail shoes but I think road shoes would have been fine. Also, the run course last year was over 7 miles. Not sure if that was an anomaly for 2015 or not. Good luck!
Quote Reply