Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake Placid Finish Times
Quote | Reply
Just looking at this years finish times and it looks like a lot slower than years past. But it's also a reminder why you shouldn't kill yourself on the bike and save some for the run. You never know what the race field will be like.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid Finish Times [endurance1234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
link to results?

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid Finish Times [MCSLC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MCSLC wrote:
link to results?

Here, let me google that for you...

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman/lake-placid/results.aspx?rd=20150726#axzz3h2MlO3v4

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid Finish Times [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I didn't see it available when I looked at the site a short time ago...

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its gotten very hot over the past 5 hours. A lot of people were suffering on the run. The women's race leader collapsed a mile from the finish and went to the hospital.

You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid Finish Times [Lacticbath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just posted this in the Dave Mira thread:

For some reason a lot of people today had trouble in the back half of the run - myself included. It wasn't unusually hot but think the sun was beating down and no shade on that course. Likely very humid too with the rain we had last night.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So dave did not Kona qualify?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid Finish Times [jimswim99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at the male 35-39 age group.....if 10:16 gets you a kona spot thats pretty slow compared to years past. You almost always needed to be sub 10.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid Finish Times [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mirra finished 24th in his age group.

Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient to become independent of it. John D. Rockefeller Sr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurance1234 wrote:
I'm looking at the male 35-39 age group.....if 10:16 gets you a kona spot thats pretty slow compared to years past. You almost always needed to be sub 10.

Wow, that time wouldn't get you a Kona slot back when IMLP had 100 slots to give out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I noticed some finish times posted over 17 hours. Do they normally post finish times of participants finishing past the cut off times? I have never noticed that before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard several people reporting lots of blown tires this year. Anyone observe anything out of the ordinary?

Quote | Reply
Nothing weird on the bike to cause blown tires. The roads were clean and potholes and cracks were well marked. And I must say, not particularly hot in the run? Clearly you were wearing a suit of ice or something. The second loop for me was deadly. Especially heading out river road to the turn and then through town. No amount of ice could help.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid Finish Times [arby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arby wrote:
I noticed some finish times posted over 17 hours. Do they normally post finish times of participants finishing past the cut off times? I have never noticed that before.

It is a rolling start that began at 6:30am. The race probably still went to midnight thus some people could be over 17 hours.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid Finish Times [mplach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, felt very hot out there, esprcially on that southern out and back with the sun exposure. That 1-2-3 punch of the hills on the way back in didn't do any favors. Woudl love to get another shot at that race. but yeah, when you see top 5 M35-39 be at 10:16, you know it was a challenging day out there. Shout out to the M40-49 men, they were killing it out there yesterday.
Quote Reply