Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake Arrowhead Triathlon Race Report
Quote | Reply
Check here:
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=24900&posts=1

Tough, challenging sprint course, but BEAUTIFUL venue!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Arrowhead Triathlon Race Report [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations. Yup, tough, but a lot of fun.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Job. I think I just nipped you to take 7th in 40-44. They made a lot of little improvements to the race this year like moving the transition area to its new location. It made T1 a longer run, but totally solved a bike/runner crossover problem from the previous year. With the lake level way up this year the water was really rocking. Even the swim wasn't flat. Very challenging course but a lot of fun.

Gary Mc

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Arrowhead Triathlon Race Report [Gary Mc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary, when I looked at the "unofficial" results, you were a good 2 minutes ahead of me. That's more than "just nipping" me. Ha, ha. Great job. Next year, I'll make a weekend out of it!

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Arrowhead Triathlon Race Report [Gary Mc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary, where online will official results be posted? I don't even see a link on the event website.

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They will probably post a link when the results are up. The timing company's website is http://www.go-primetime.com so you might check there.

Gary Mc

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad you made it up to the mountains and had a good time. This is still one of my favorite sprints in SoCal.

The swim was better/longer this year and with the lake being full we had a much better swim exit at the yacht club. As you mentioned the bike course is very difficult for a sprint race. I still used my TT bike with a 21-12 cassette... but I know the course well and wouldn't recommend that gearing to others. The run hurt as it always does at 5200 ft.

Finished in 1:02:xx which was good for 2nd in my 35-39 AG and 7th OA. I appears the longer swim and different T1 location made the race about 4 1/2 minutes longer this year.

Ron

----------

Quote Reply
Re: Lake Arrowhead Triathlon Race Report [swmrdrn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Swmrdrn,
Wow! You kicked some ass. Good job!

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Arrowhead Triathlon Race Report [swmrdrn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

It appears the longer swim and different T1 location made the race about 4 1/2 minutes longer this year.

Mr Ed
Triathlete with one horsepower
Quote Reply