Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
LSanders racing Kona..
Quote | Reply
Announced on TRS Radio Podcast. Can't believe there hasn't been a discussion started yet.

He's got a new perspective on 70.3 WC and Kona. He's waiting to commit to Kona, but leaning towards focusing his attention towards Kona and possibly skipping 70.3 WC/racing ITU Long Course in Penticton.
Quote Reply
Re: LSanders racing Kona.. [DVM_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads up. Is it on the newest episode?

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: LSanders racing Kona.. [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not surprised when he came out of the water with Sebi at Samorin.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is great news.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a link to the podcast?
Quote Reply
Re: LSanders racing Kona.. [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
Do you have a link to the podcast?

I think we need to get on a plane to Kona!!!
Quote Reply
Re: LSanders racing Kona.. [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Already going, but I have a race to do!!😂😂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DVM_Tri wrote:
Announced on TRS Radio Podcast. Can't believe there hasn't been a discussion started yet.

He's got a new perspective on 70.3 WC and Kona. He's waiting to commit to Kona, but leaning towards focusing his attention towards Kona and possibly skipping 70.3 WC/racing ITU Long Course in Penticton.

Incredible podcast/episode.

These decisions make great sense for Lionel. I'm just bummed because I'm planning to spectate at 70.3 Worlds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. When did he qualify for Kona?
Quote Reply
Re: LSanders racing Kona.. [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guessing he has enough points for winning Arizona and a gazillion of 70.3s since...

Mike Alexander wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: LSanders racing Kona.. [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
I guessing he has enough points for winning Arizona and a gazillion of 70.3s since...

Mike Alexander wrote:

Forgot about IMAZ last year. Thx
Quote Reply
Re: LSanders racing Kona.. [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
http://www.ironman.com/...ankings/kpr-men.aspx

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Quote Reply
Re: LSanders racing Kona.. [sylvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a dig at sportstat u guys/ladies are great......but I love it when in 2017 a weblink says "no mobile version" Seriously WTC.....

I mean really....sigh.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Listened to the podcast.

Lionel kept mentioning the WTC draft zone was 10m. I'm assuming he means 10m from the rear wheel to front wheel. Because the draft is technically 12m front wheel to front wheel.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: LSanders racing Kona.. [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Listened to the podcast.

Lionel kept mentioning the WTC draft zone was 10m. I'm assuming he means 10m from the rear wheel to front wheel. Because the draft is technically 12m front wheel to front wheel.

We all know what he means, besides i dont know a single triathletes that does not refer to it as the 10m rule :)
Quote Reply
Re: LSanders racing Kona.. [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On a related note, on the other IM Cairns thread, Josh Amberger said he is taking his Kona slot (race winner at Cairns APAC IM championships) and plans to lift the swim pace. This is good for Frodo and Potts, not so good for Sebi and Lionel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
On a related note, on the other IM Cairns thread, Josh Amberger said he is taking his Kona slot (race winner at Cairns APAC IM championships) and plans to lift the swim pace. This is good for Frodo and Potts, not so good for Sebi and Lionel.

AND FOR BROWNLEE !!!11!!!1!!!!!!!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: LSanders racing Kona.. [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

AND FOR BROWNLEE !!!11!!!1!!!!!!!

Brownlee will just attack off the front and try to draft the Timex Mini Clubman

Actually I am not sure I had to put the above in pink. Black text would cover the reality. His racing style reminds me of the first 6 times Mark Allen went to Kona, until he smartened up and just shadowed Dave Scott for 137 miles or so and did exactly whatever Dave did whenever Dave did it.
Quote Reply
Re: LSanders racing Kona.. [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Listened to the podcast.

Actually, in Kona I believe that they use the cat eyes on the road, which are 13ish m apart. I'm pretty sure that's the case, it's visual for the refs and the riders. I used it for reference (I swam so poorly I didn't need to worry about the draft packs) and it was pretty easy and effective.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Thought on the impact to the other 2 serious contenders of T.O. and Hoff.
Quote Reply
Re: LSanders racing Kona.. [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I listened to the podcast, boy he isn't shy about accusing Brownlee of drafting during the Championship race. I really think if he focuses on Kona, he can have a great result this year.
What I found most interesting is that he intends to make the front pack of the swim one day, his goal is 2020, knowing him it sounds about right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
11/22/2016 hadukla wrote:
Not sure if this popped up in another thread but it bears repeating on this thread even if so. Lionel is skipping Kona 2017 to focus on improving his swim.
11/22/2016 ajthomas wrote:
Even if he said it I doubt it

Hey I got something right!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is this great news?

devashish_paul wrote:
This is great news.
Quote Reply
Re: LSanders racing Kona.. [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
stevej wrote:
Listened to the podcast.

Actually, in Kona I believe that they use the cat eyes on the road, which are 13ish m apart. I'm pretty sure that's the case, it's visual for the refs and the riders. I used it for reference (I swam so poorly I didn't need to worry about the draft packs) and it was pretty easy and effective.

Brent

Brent,

IIRC in Hawaii the reflectors are placed at 40' intervals. That works out to 12.2 meters between them. So if the refs/athletes are using them for a front of bike to front of bike spacing that gives nearly a perfect legal spacing. If they actually use back of lead bike to front of following bike then they're giving a bit wider spacing than other WTC pro races.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

So, I wonder what's the gap between the top swimmers and LS...Probably looking at 5-7 minutes? It'll be tough to make that up on the bike at Kona, methinks.

I think TO, Hoffman, Frodo, Keinle, Lange, and maybe Potts are the top contenders this year...LS in the top 5 if he has a good race, but more like top 10, IMO. Blast away, LS fanboys! :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next