Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
LG P-09 recall
Quote | Reply
Only applies to manufacture date Jan 2014. Just called them and they are sending me a box to return it to them. Glad I am done racing for this season - maybe they can replace it with the black/red one which I tried unsuccessfully for months to get my hands on!

http://www.louisgarneau.com/...Company/News/#116376

Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 recall [cl60guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this I have one with Jan 14 date as well. Let me know how it turns out for you. I'll respond on this thread as well.
Last edited by: 1xatbandcamp: Sep 22, 14 15:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jan 2014 here too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wonderful.....

-----

"i’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — i want to know who the morons are." -- mark cuban
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me too. Oh well at least I am done for the year. Am I correct in assuming that LG will take care of shipping as well as providing a replacement helmet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh Joy. Thanks for the post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me too. Was just about to store it for until spring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super, Maybe I can get a different color.

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 recall [rockdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhhh, that explains the lack of supply at the main LG store...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That seems like great news!. Now everyone will have a one year newer helmet. And non of you died wearing the old one!

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 recall [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Am I correct in assuming that LG will take care of shipping as well as providing a replacement helmet?

That's what I was told - a postage paid box will show up on my doorstep. Send everything back except for the original box it came in - including receipt, which I don't think I have anymore. I was hoping just the helmet went back and maybe I could score a 'spare' visor out of the deal - although I don't actually even use the visor -apparently I just like hoarding gear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like LG is handling the recall in a proper manner. Hopefully I still have the original receipt. The LBS I purchased the helmet from can probably provide a receipt in the event that I cannot locate the original. What a PITA.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 recall [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The US customer service people told me they will call me back later today with the process.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 recall [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got the same story. They don't have a process set up yet but hope to before the end of the day.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 recall [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The response I received from the US customer rep was a little more tentative - I hope to get some information by the end of the day or tomorrow, but I [the rep] don't know.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 recall [rocketfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one as well but certainly do not have the receipt anymore.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 recall [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jan 2014 here

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 recall [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:

Did you buy it online or from a local shop? Either way you should be able to get a receipt from the vendor pretty easily.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 recall [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Did you buy it online or from a local shop? Either way you should be able to get a receipt from the vendor pretty easily.

LBS. :)

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI in U.S., don't call number on recall notice, call Vermont LG office at 1-800-448-1984

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 recall [d-elvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting the 800 number in Vermont. the lady I spoke to there was very helpful.

FYI:

• I did not need to have proof of purchase, just the helmet
  • I ONLY need to send back the helmet (but this may change)
  • Replacement helmets only expected in December at the earliest (not an issue for me as I am out for a bit rehabbing after a bad crash
Cheers

Jeffrey Sankoff, MD
TriDoc Coaching/TriDoc Podcast
Train hard, train healthy
http://www.tridocpodcast.com
http://www.tridoccoaching.com
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 recall [tridoc5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just rec'd a call from LG. Asked for my shipping info and a few other questions about where I bought my helmet and they are sending me a postage paid label to mail back my helmet. A new one on the way in Dec. No receipt necessary.

Great customer service in my opinion. Season over anyway so whats a couple month wait?
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 recall [d-elvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like replacements will not be available until December of 2014....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More importantly, where is the shop referenced in the recall that is selling the p-09 for $280?
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 recall [LOW2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOW2000 wrote:
More importantly, where is the shop referenced in the recall that is selling the p-09 for $280?

Art's Cyclery was allowing coupons to be used on it. Picked mine up for $254.xx... Too bad it has to go back.
Quote Reply

Prev Next