Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kure Beach Ride Advice
Quote | Reply
Heading to Kure Beach this weekend with a month to go before Beach 2 Battleship so I need to get a good ride in while I'm there. This will be my first time so I'm not sure what kind of roads I'm working with. Looking at the map worst case scenario I could ride up and down Dow Road but that may be pretty miserable for 4 hours. Also looks like only 1 road out of there, 421, and I'm not sure how bike friendly that is. I realize I'm not far from Wilmington and I'm pretty sure there are some good routes around there. Maybe it is best just to do that? Any locals or anybody with any experience riding down there able to offer any advice? Thanks in advance!

PS - I checked map my ride, didn't see anything, not sure if there are other sites.
Last edited by: biglazybum: Sep 24, 14 5:48
Quote Reply
Re: Kure Beach Ride Advice [biglazybum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Through Fort Fisher, take the ferry, nice long ride, ferry back. Great adventure day.
-

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Kure Beach Ride Advice [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Through Fort Fisher, take the ferry, nice long ride, ferry back. Great adventure day.
-

Thanks, sounds like a great idea! Any advice on best direction to head or most bike friendly roads once I get over there? Looks like 87/211/133 are all options to at least get to some quieter roads.
Quote Reply
Re: Kure Beach Ride Advice [biglazybum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last time I was there I took one of those routes ten got on back roads as soon as possible and just "wandered." Just have fun. Avoid rush hours. 211 is the best way but has a lot of traffic. You could also take the next ferry to Bald Head and do laps. NO TRAFFIC!
-

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Kure Beach Ride Advice [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Last time I was there I took one of those routes ten got on back roads as soon as possible and just "wandered." Just have fun. Avoid rush hours. 211 is the best way but has a lot of traffic. You could also take the next ferry to Bald Head and do laps. NO TRAFFIC!
-

Great advice! Looking forward to it!
Quote Reply