Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona Pro Race Dynamic Predictions
Quote | Reply
Predicting the top 3 is fun, but old, lets have some fun predictions of what will happen during the race.

Who will Norman the bike ala 2005 with a flat or mechanical?

Who is going to kamikaze the bike back into T2?

How far back will Mirinda be going into T2?

Who do you think will blow up ala Marino in 2013 on the run on the Queen K?

How far into the run will be the last pass? Will there be a lead pass on the run?

Will Mirinda run sub 2:50?

Will we see a new male course bike record? Sub 8?

Will it once again be the windiest and hottest race in recent memory?

Who is going to win, Germany, Canada, USA, or Australia?

Will people be "satisfied" with the live coverage?
Last edited by: bcagle25: Oct 4, 15 10:43
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Pro Race Dynamic Predictions [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think 4 or 5 people are gonna be off the front on the bike and 2-3 will blow up for one reason or another. I think Ben Hoffman and Andy Potts could be in that near second group that could overtake any of the top guys coming off the bike depending. If Keinle and Frodeno try to blow each other out the whole day it will either be epic or a big chance for smarter racers. Last pass will be after mile 20. I liked the live coverage last year and really want the race to be over by mile 20 bc I am gonna miss the last bit bc of a Glow dash 5k fundraiser for my daughter. Can I record it onto our computer?

I think a big factor is who is not gonna have it or is sick ala chrissie or some other people that finished low. Miranda will have her best bike and run slower then 2:50 trying to watch for Ryf who will break 3:05.

Lew Hollander is gonna finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to see what Ryf will run. Sutton says team Ryf's goal is for fastest run split. Is that truth vs gamesmanship?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Pro Race Dynamic Predictions [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think that Ryf will have to run her heart out to be honest.
I'm expecting her to have enough time in bag by T2 that she only needs to run "well".
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Pro Race Dynamic Predictions [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
I don't think that Ryf will have to run her heart out to be honest.
I'm expecting her to have enough time in bag by T2 that she only needs to run "well".

That's what everyone thought last year at T2, and we all saw how that played out....

So, how many minutes does Ryf need?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Pro Race Dynamic Predictions [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put the over-under at 10 minutes, and I think I'm being slightly generous towards Ryf's running with that number
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to believe that Lionel is going to bust the bike ala Starkyowicz in 2013. It also seems odd to me that nobody has Marino on their radar, the dude has two sub 8 hour Ironman victories on the books for the year. Van Lierde has been super quiet going into the race, that leads me to believe he'll be more dangerous than ever. I think Jan's walking through aid stations strategy might be limited this year.

I think Ryf doesn't need the same gap that she had last year, she probably needs 10 minutes or so.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply