Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl!
Quote | Reply
When is enough enough? I have never seen a logo so overworn in my life as the mdot logo this week in Kona. Everybody on Alii Dr has at least 2 mdots somewhere on their clothes and/or body. I'm rebelling and I'm not going to wear a single mdot or ironman logo this whole week. Of course as soon as I get home I'll put on my ironman polo shirt and my mdot sticker on the car but until then...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [Bones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you really want to rebel, why don't you just drop out of the race.

Otherwise, quit complaining. You chose to do the MDot race. And others have trained their butts off so they can where the MDot logo.

http://iron-boom.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [Bones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why don't you quit crying and get out of triathlon and go do something more challenging like learn how to fly an F/A-18 Hornet or something like that?

Just kidding! Thanks for serving and defending our country! Good luck Saturday.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [ironboom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seriously doubt Bones is even racing.

If you had worked your arse off to get there something like that wouldn't bother you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
'I say hurl...If you blow chunks and PR, you were meant to be an Ironman. If you spew and DNF, then it was never meant to be.'
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [rocco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OH, he's racing and going hard too.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [ironboom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woooo killer, I was just being a little sarcastic. Must have hit a chord.

You really shouldn't take yourself so seriously. It's just a sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can relate to that! While a have M-dot banner at my shop, going to the races sometimes is overwhelming to me, too! Suffer through! ;-)

Axel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for flying that Hornet man. Good luck in the race.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [unclegimpy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]'I say hurl...If you blow chunks and PR, you were meant to be an Ironman. If you spew and DNF, then it was never meant to be.'[/reply]

AWESOME!

/now if I could only remember what 80's movie that line came from.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh ohhhh, bad Karma...don't dish the M-Dot before the big day!!!!

-----------------
http://www.konashelley.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [purple hayes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wayne's World.......1990s I think

Garth: Wayne, what do you do if every time you see this one incredible woman, you feel like your gonna hurl?

Wayne: I say hurl, if you spew chunks and she comes back, shes yours...if you spew chunks and she leaves, then it was never meant to be...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It does get a little redundant after a while at any IM branded race - you begin to wonder if some of these guys have anything else going on in life.. by the end of the week my prickish personality wants to go buy a carton of smokes, get tanked, and watch nascar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What IM needs to do next... is create the M-DOT costume. wearing big foam M on their bodys and have the entire head encased in a foam shell for the dot... Halloween is coming up....
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tom and Quintana Rooster!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are those whacky Saucony people there with the colored mohawks and saucony & IM logos all over? Kind of an older couple, frightening for small children.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey...those two are pretty cool actually. And are fantastic ambassadors for IM, thus the sponsorships they have had from Saucony and Powerbar (I think). But no, those two were not able to come out this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too bad they didn't make it. They are part of the IM whackiness I used to love.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know exactly what you are saying! I have had it with Lambeau Field. If I see ONE MORE Green Bay Packer logo, I'm going to hurl! ;-)

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly what I was thinking...

At least IMers covered in M-Dots compete...

===============================

member of the Litespeed Mafia
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom and Mary Steinkraus from WI. They have an interesting story and they are very decent folks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is some M-Dot Bling for you:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" 2 mdots somewhere on their clothes and/or body"

Two Mdot tatoos would seem like a bit of screaming out loud "I need something else in my life".
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright, I have never heard of nor seen the crazy Saucony old folks with the mohawks and tatoos until............this afternoon at the Chicago Marathon Expo! How crazy is that?! So unless there is more than one couple like this, they're not in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At first I got annoyed with this too, BUT You gotta take a step back and realize that you have 2,000 people who have come from all over the world. In their own area, they are very different from almost everyone else because they do Ironman. After the race you will all go your seperate ways and will have to deal with the people back home who are not accepting of your lifestyle (yell at you while you run, nearly hit you with their cars...etc, etc) So why not be happy that you have so many cool people together in the same place and just enjoy things.

Ruble Triathlon Coaching Average of 30 coached PR's per year
Florida Triathlon Camps Train in North Americas winter training destination
Ruble Racing Events Midwest Triathlon Racing
Ruble Timing Midwest Event Timing
Last edited by: BIGZACH: Oct 20, 06 19:24
Quote Reply

Prev Next