Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kilo vs. Dual
Quote | Reply
I was set on the DA Dual, but now have been looking at the Kilo. I have yet to ride either as the weather in WI is just starting to warm up, but I plan on it asap. I wanted to get your thoughts on the differences between the two and what is the better overall value. Thanks!

Quote | Reply
word on the street is they are scraping the Duel and replacing it with the P2sl. should be around the same price ranges, but not arriving till mid April.
Quote Reply
Re: Kilo vs. Dual [duffeymt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the dual for over a year and it's great.....don't know much about the kilo except that I can't stand the graphics...
Quote Reply
Re: Kilo vs. Dual [trailman73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 2007 P2sl will be around the price of the Dual now??

Quote | Reply
That's what I heard too. The Dual will be gone and the P2-SL will replace it at the same price. They might downgrade a few of the parts on the P2-SL but still will make a great value.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep, but you have to wait till mid April, if not later depending on how fast they can turn them out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
depending on fit for you (too short of a top tube for me) you should look at the Kuota K-factor. full carbon and looks fast as hell!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mmmmm...I wonder if bike shops will give deals on the 07 Dual if this is the case....

Quote | Reply
I was fortunate to spend time on both at Gear West in the Twin Cities. I don't think you would be making a bad choice either way. For me it came down to comfort and value. The Kilo's geometry just didn't work with my body type. I decided on the Ultegra Dual because it fit the best, and the price allowed me to upgrade the crankset and wheels. The yellow paint is even starting to grow on me. Just make sure you spend time on both before you decide. I almost purchased a Leader LD 735TT because of all the research I had done. Their bikes get great reviews, but in the end, I was concerned about how it would fit. I was glad I listened to my inner voice. The expertise and great experience I got at GW was invaluable. In the end, I didn't pay any more than I was planning on spending on-line, but the help I received in making the best bike selection for me can't be underestimated.

Last edited by: tbro: Mar 13, 07 13:00
Quote Reply
Re: Kilo vs. Dual [tbro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also looking at the Dual vs the Kilo and I'm wondering what specifically about the fit of the Kilo didn't work out for your body type. How would you categorize your body type, e.g. leg vs torso proportion, and how steep and forward do you like to ride?

Gear West is a great shop and that's where I get my stuff.

Thanks.

-------
Joe

Quote Reply
Re: Kilo vs. Dual [JoeyRocketJoey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joey,

I have a very short lower body compared to my upper torso. (Just shy of 5'9" 210lbs with a linebacker type build.) I used to play Prop in
Rugby if that helps get a better picture. If that is TMI I apologize. I started on a 52cm 2006 Kilo they had on sale and I just felt cramped.
The S22 Felt was also an option, but the geometry I was told would be similar so we didn't even try it. The 2007 Kilo comes in a 51cm and
not a 52cm, so that was not an option either. I was getting a bit discouraged when Hanna at GW suggested we try the 54cm Dual. They
didn't have a 52cm in stock. I can't explain it, but once I got on it, I new that it was the right bike for me. It fit like a glove. I have longer
arms so getting that nice right angle position in the Aero bars was not a problem for me with the larger frame. My chest felt more open and
less constricted on the Dual. It worked out great for me since the Ultegra Dual is a great value at $1499 and it leaves some money left over
to upgrade the things you would like to add. I'm really happy I ditched the Gossamer crankset and upgraded to the Ultegra. I also got a pair
of barely used Bontrager X-Lites from my brother, and will be installing my new ISM Adamo Racing Saddle tonight. If a Dual works for your
body type, you would be hard pressed to find another bike that offers a better value, and performance.

Quote | Reply
Good info. Thanks.

-------
Joe

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now I'm pissed.

In Reply To:
yep, but you have to wait till mid April, if not later depending on how fast they can turn them out.
Quote Reply