Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kids scooter great glute workout
Quote | Reply
I have been taking my 7 year old to school, I started riding a scooter with him, the kind where you push off with one foot , the first few days going about 2km my glute would quiver after, im feeling much stronger now after a couple of weeks, could this be an ideal way to strengthen your glutes?
Last edited by: pokey: Oct 10, 17 15:22
Quote Reply
Re: Kids scooter great glute workout [pokey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, I just started doing the same thing with my 7-year-old. I didn't notice much glute action, but I wasn't going very far.

I stopped after a few days and switched to back to cycling with him. Maybe I'll get a better scooter and try it again, thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roller blades are great too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glute quivering?

I'm in.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find it is good for hamstring and for hip extension, in a much larger range of motion than most of us can sustain for running. Definitely some value there since most of us can't sustain that level of open hip extension running without being completely anaerobic!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pokey wrote:
I have been taking my 7 year old to school, I started riding a scooter with him, the kind where you push off with one foot , the first few days going about 2km my glute would quiver after, im feeling much stronger now after a couple of weeks, could this be an ideal way to strengthen your glutes?

Other great options
Squats
Glute Bridges
Step Ups
Single Leg RDL's

But we've all dismissed strength training as a viable option, so lets all just hop on kids scooters instead.
Quote Reply